video card and power supply

sly817

hi everyone, i just ordered a new video card and power supply and it says the minimum amps on the +12 volt rail is 18 amps, however my power supply is only 15 amps. is this going to matter much being only 3 amps? i dont really want to have to return the power supply to newegg and pay shipping charges.

hi everyone, i just ordered a new video card and power supply and it says the minimum amps on the +12 volt rail is 18 amps, however my power supply is only 15 amps. is this going to matter much being only 3 amps? i dont really want to have to return the power supply to newegg and pay shipping charges.

The card will work with that power supply. It will not pull the full 18 amps all the time if ever. The only time you may/will run into a problem is when you run that video card at 100%

The card will work with that power supply. It will not pull the full 18 amps all the time if ever. The only time you may/will run into a problem is when you run that video card at 100%

Thank you very much, I just didn't want to try installing it and have my power supply overload and possibly damage other hardware. Also, I am not a big gamer so I dont plan on running settings at the highest, just something thats better then my current onboard graphics.