Winzip or not

mudmanc4

I use 7-zip it is so much better to use than winzip. This is a exert from 46 best free Utilities.

24  The Best File Archiver/Zip Utility

I checked out six utilities: QuickZip, ICEOWS, IZArc, TUGZip, ZipGenius and 7-Zip. The product that impressed me the most was the Open Source program 7-Zip. It was the only product in the group that could unpack a multi-part RAR volume embedded in a ZIP archive and the only product to give a meaningful error message when an attempt was made to unpack a 256bit encrypted WinZip archive. My only reservation is that it handles fewer archive types than some of the other products; it only supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB . If that's really important to you than I'd recommend IZArc. It can read nearly 50 archive types including media formats like ISO, BIN and IMG and can write (and convert) to 12. Furthermore it can handle multi-part zip files while 7-Zip can't. You couldn't go wrong with either product. 7-Zip is a little more robust while IZArc is a little more flexible. If you already use WinZip you'll find either 7-Zip or IZArc make excellent companion products. They can can read just about all the major archive formats WinZip can't, including the widely used RAR. Note 

=>index

http://www.izarc.org/download.html Windows 9x and later, 3.1MB

http://www.7-zip.org/ Windows 9x and later, 1.05MB

http://www.izarc.org/

Best one I have ever used, full feature and totally free.

IZArc is the ultimate freeware archive utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH,  BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF,  MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access  to many powerful features and tools. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create and extract  archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair  damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another, view and write comments and many more.  IZArc has also build-in multilanguage support.

Free , YES , thats what Im talkin about , and legally free, awesome !

:wink: I got your back. I dont think you could find a better program even if you paid. Its a shame there is such great freeware out there that we dont know about. Looks like Cok beat me to it actually but he doesnt seem to be as impressed as I am. I have never had a problem with it. Matter of fact when certain members here shot off at the mouth about how easy it was to break a password on a zip file, I made one with this program... it never got cracked by anyone.  :wink:

I'm going to double post just for the post count! The IZArc works pretty good but I don't like the Icons it uses. Other than that its a good program.

You tryin to take the spammer badge away?  :2funny: :2funny:

BTW ,  I'm fixin to dl izark right now, I'l let ya'll know when (IF) , free BSD ever begins the torrent. Damn FTP's offline. :roll: