Bittorrent keeps getting firewalled over wireless internet with win vista help!

Guest Kilroy44

Guest Kilroy44

Hey guys,

Usually I can always figure out my bittorrent problems but now I'm kind of stuck. I have all the right ports forward in my router settings and i make sure the windows firewall allows bittorrent through; consequently i always get the yellow firewall light in bittornado when I'm on wireless. Yet when i hook up to  a ethernet cable everything goes fine and dandy. So help would really be appreciated with this

thanks

Give utorrent a shot. It has the ability to see if your setting are correct. Just go to options, speedguide and at the bottom you will see "test if port if forward properly"

While I am behind a router its not wireless. By default utorrent works fine. That may get you a bit further in figureing out what the issue is. Now I am not saying switch to utorrent. I am saying use it to run the tests and try a torrent and see if it does better.

I see your useing gates latest viru....I mean operating system. Do you stil have xp on your puter or on another partion? Maybe See if all is well on the xp partition if you have it. Just a few Ideas. Hope that helps.

Guest Kilroy44

thanks i will try utorrent also it could be vista thats causing the problem but all the other laptops in my house with xp seem to run into the same thing.

so i will see what uttorrent does

Guest Kilroy44

thats wierd i just changed my port forwarding range back to 6881-6999 and seems that im able to connect. Its wierd the port range 59960-60000 works great on my desktop and produces some really fast speeds. I wonder what the problem is

thats wierd i just changed my port forwarding range back to 6881-6999 and seems that im able to connect. Its wierd the port range 59960-60000 works great on my desktop and produces some really fast speeds. I wonder what the problem is

One word. "windows".  All kidding aside. Who knows. Could be anything. Glad ya got it working. Vista is so not ready for the pc.