help windows missing update

maddoghunter

hi there freinds im bk again to seek help from the wizz kids of the pc world,ok here goes i had to instal my system today as i left it on all nite this morning when i awoke there was a message saying windows startup repair could not repair my pc,i was unable to start windows,no matter wot i did so i had to reinstal from scratch,anyways i did this and everything was ok got my vista bk OMG!! i hate vista.ok got all the stuff i use bk on to pc and did a scan with belaric adviser,which said there was a missing update from microsoft so i clicked the link tht belaric gave me and when i went to instal got an error, this is a link which i used http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q931906  it said i had to be on line as an administrator which i was but it would not instal the update,so i went on to windows update to see if any of my updates didnt instal no every update was ok,but the id numbers of the updates i was trying to get which belaric advisers said was missing wasnt there on my pc, but here goes windows update says i have all the latest updates for my pc, well as a said been at it all day and im puked so any help on this would be gr8ttt  :? :?

Hmm, I would trust MS (can't believe I said that lol ) before a third party software program. If you have visual basic, or a web development program , search out there site , and update there. Unless you are running a server, which your not , download the update listed below link.

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/bulletins/200705.mspx

Please post back you results  :grin2:

maddoghunter I'm one of the unfortunate Vista users as well but this might help.Go to Windows Update in the StartPrograms box ,click it, then select "View update history" then in that window select "Installed Updates".athis is a list of updates that are supposed to be installed .

hi guys ty for helping but its like this i can goto windows update on windows vista and it will search for updates,but when i goto ie when its on ms update site it says this

[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]

To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. 

hi guys ty for helping but its like this i can goto windows update on windows vista and it will search for updates,but when i goto ie when its on ms update site it says this

[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]

To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. 

Alrighty then, you must be on the user account, you need to be logged on as administrator, this is a protection that you set up during the installation. I hope you remember what you set the password as  :shock: If not , LMK, and we'll try to find it. No guaranties!

hi guys tried everything you said,but to no avail i had to reinstall full pc, when i did this i updated all updates till update service said tht i had all updates,anyways out of curiosity i went onto web and tried updates from microsoft update link and it asked me to install windows update programme which i did,then it said after a scan tht i need a critical update??? this is after i did the windows update from vista,which told me i had all possible updates 30 of them and tht there was no more updates for my pc,????? but as a said the link on google for updates found one more it was called capicom or someit,OK then i ran a scan on belrak adviser and it said i had all updates and they were up to date,but before this as u all know belrak adviser said i neede this update but windows wouldnt let me download it from there site,and when i did it with update on vista it said i had them all.hope i make sense cause this done me rite in lol anyways its going now and ive got the update tht belrak adviser said i need before i did complete install thanks guys for ur help and takeing the time to help me :smiley: