Verizon DSL: Now voted Best Company IN WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY!!

ajb62787

I have been a valued customer with Verizon for my whole life and its exclusive DSL packages for the past 6 years. I "have" the 3M/768K package which exactly I do not. The problem occured in the middle of the night Monday Night/Tuesday Morning where Verizon decided to cut its existing customers from the 3 Meg package without them knowing. I have contacted Verizon on over 20 different occasions in the past 4 days and every single representative  said  the same thing  "you need a new modem  .... you need this and you need that to get your speed."  Yesterday (Thursday), a tech came out to my house while I was not home but my mother was home and he arrived 1 1/2 hours before my appointment time of 5pm. He claimed that I have very good connection  but he didn't tell my mom what the speed was and he went on my computer when I wasn't home at the time and was going through webpages to see if they load fast or not (Which is against Verizon's Policy "An adult of 18+ years of age must be at the home at the time of your appointment AND The USER of the computer must be present also to verify the problem with the technician"). He said to my mother that the webpages load pretty fast and left my house  5 minutes before I walked in the door. When I came on the computer  I have noticed that nothing was changed or done to my computer  let alone my connection. My connection right now is at 255Kbps Down and 518Kbps Up  which is very slow on the down side.  I then contacted Verizon on this matter that the job wasn't handled accordingly and completed as it should  and the tech noticed something strange with my connection. What the representative found is that my service is on a loopback just before it comes into my house and to my modem ... what this means is that      my connection is like  a clogged drain with some water getting through  meaning  only very little is getting to my system while the rest is getting pushed back elsewhere. The representative  finally admitted to tell me  "Due to the enormous amount of new customers in your area signing up for the 3M service, we are asking all existing customers to downgrade their service to 1.5M or 768K." This really pisses me off to hear this from a company who suppose to be the best in my state  now they are telling me to downgrade my service or go with another ISP  so the new kids on the block can get their share of the fast internet.  I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT  and  I'm going with Comcast  Monday Morning to get their Powerboost package of 8M/768K  with powerboost to 12M/768K for the first 20MB on a download.

I have had the 3M package since it became available in my area between 2-3 years ago and had hardly no problems. I had no problems  what so ever for 10 straight months  till this past Tuesday

My suggestion to those who have been with Verizon DSL for years    LEAVE VERIZON  DSL  SERVICE  WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CONNECTION!!!  Its gonna happen to everyone since the FIOS deployment is only 8% done across the country and my area won't have FIOS for up to 2 years.

I don't have Verizon but a similar story. I'm on one of the oldest phone lines in No. Kentucky serviced by Cincinnati Bell. I'm  the last house on that line with 6 neighbors. We are the only 7 houses in a population of 25,000 people which 18,000 of them only have lived here 7yrs or less. Bell made sure all of them got DSL but not us. Every time I call them to see if I'm DSL ready or not I get the same answer it will be there soon its been 10yrs now. Fuck them. I'm so glad Insightbb is coming Monday to put in Phone service for $20.00 less a month. Never will Bell hook up to my house. I used them for 26yrs."Never more"!

I don't have Verizon but a similar story. I'm on one of the oldest phone lines in No. Kentucky serviced by Cincinnati Bell. I'm  the last house on that line with 6 neighbors. We are the only 7 houses in a population of 25,000 people which 18,000 of them only have lived here 7yrs or less. Bell made sure all of them got DSL but not us. Every time I call them to see if I'm DSL ready or not I get the same answer it will be there soon its been 10yrs now. F#@& them. I'm so glad Insightbb is coming Monday to put in Phone service for $20.00 less a month. Never will Bell hook up to my house. I used them for 26yrs."Never more"!

I agree  thats like my time with AOHELL !!  Tried to go with Verizon and they were like  please  stay with us  we will give you free service for 3 months      I'm not gonna fall for them monday morning when I tell Verizon to screw it..