Networking

TheHalf

I know there is a service out there to assist in my dilemma...how do I set up a network between my desktop pc and my laptop with the capacity to use my laptop to access my desktop from 2,000 miles away?

Many thankx to whom that could help me

TheHalf

i believe you can use a 3rd party program

or you can use the remote desktop feature of M$ if you use the M$ i believe you need to know your ip address and the desktop at home you create a password for it and you have to activate the remote desktop feature on the PC at home. Kinda rough but some one can explain it better

I use http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/ It's free, as long as you keep using it, if you don't access for around a month or so , they will send you an automated notice of termination. In which you will have the opportunity to simply use the thing quickly before they terminate the link.

There are several options you can pay for more if you like. You just have to set up your router , and port forward the static IP to a specific machine, and punch in the DNS link in your router. Very easy, and useful.

This is the info you'll need to configure everything http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx