Post your PLDT My DSL Scores

coolbuster2007

The TMN Community is growing. Not just SmartBro Subscribers from PI are visiting the website. TMN is starting to pick up from PLDT My DSL subscribers.

Im on SmartBro now but I would like to encourage PLDT MyDsl Subscribers to post their scores here including testimonials be it positive or negative.

Let me start. This speed test was taken when I rented a PC in the internet shop and tweaked it with TCP Optimizer.

share2-ZBYWOE1M4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys 

I'm from burbank, california in the US. I've been reading all your posts. About smart bro and globe and PLDT. If I can help from my end in the US let me know.  My taglog is very rusty. I am an old air force pilot when Clark was open. So I know your frustration. Some of the pictures of the globe equipment looks like Verizon stuff in the US. Any info I can get on this end let me know. :cool:

Hi guys 

I'm from burbank, california in the US. I've been reading all your posts. About smart bro and globe and PLDT. If I can help from my end in the US let me know.  My taglog is very rusty. I am an old air force pilot when Clark was open. So I know your frustration. Some of the pictures of the globe equipment looks like Verizon stuff in the US. Any info I can get on this end let me know. :cool:

Welcome to the forum @ news4la.

Your inputs will be a great contribution to the TMN Community especially for members coming from the Philippines.

We are glad you are here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm...after searching the forum, i've found this thread and since it's about pldt mydsl, well here it is.

186501394.png

the speed above is untweaked and untouched though this is quite low compared to my speed before which is beyond 1000, i guess, this should just be normal since its 3pm of saturday today...

by the way, i just got my pldt mydsl connected today. so, currently, i am just on the "know it all" phase.

so, for initial queries, i am just wondering why browsing using internet explorer (7 running on Windows Vista Ultimate) is slower compared to browsing the net using Opera Browser...i just noticed the difference after i tried the third party browser...everything is faster like watching Veoh streams. in IE, i can't watch without interruptions while in opera, its as if im watching regular TV, flawless without the buffering...

Secondly, speedtest isn't quite as reliable as they seem to me than to actually measure your connection in action...well this is just a theory/observation i came up with...the scenario...whenever i test my speed either in speedtest.net or testmy.net, i get this slow and sluggish result...but when i download big stuffs like 800mb-1 gig (movies) from limewire, i get stable speed of at least 110 kb/s...now, how in the hell should i believe the speedtest? many people here boast their speed to be this much or this much but then, the speed acquired from such speedtest website isn't a reliable fact...the internet traffic may be a factor for instance to be considered...well, as for me, trying your speed is the best way to ensure that you're getting what you are paying for because before, during my smartbro days, i used to have a speedtest result of 400+ or 50+kb/s as posted in my sig (a speed i only acquired once or twice), but then, i barely even recognize the actualization of such claim since when i am downloading stuffs, i usually get a speed of 38-45kb/s...is it just me? i don't know but that is what i think it is...

anyway, being a former smartbro user, i should say that pldt mydsl is way too far from what i have ever imagined...1mpbs for 999!!! wow...another thing, pldt people said that the advertised 1mbps isn't that much stable yet since they are still into upgrading...but then, they said that you should at least acquire a stable 768 kbps....not bad...specially when you only have 386kbps before for the same monthly bill...

by the way, i've been searching the net for possible configuration of wifi router for pldt mydsl but to no avail, i got none...so, just in case any of you know some things, mind sharing them to me? by the way, i'm using D-Link DI-524...it is just that i suspect the router to cause all the mischief of my browsing experience...but not the download...anyway, please...anyone?!?

• 1 month later...

Here's mine... using openDNS and PLDT 512Kbps connection...

share2-HWYAGVK0D

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it is about one of my best friends. When he applied for PLDT myDSL 512kbps plan which costs P999 per month, he got the same speed that you have for a few weeks. Then his speed started to fall down to 350+ kbps and sometimes even 100kbps with the tweaks and with a lot of connectivity issues.

He tried calling customer service and well... You might have guessed it... "Sir, i-check lang po namin ang connection ninyo, mga within 24 hours, maayos na po yan." Translated: "Sir, we will check on your connection and we will try to fix it within 24 hours."

After about 2 weeks... NOTHING HAPPENED!

His internet connection is still very unstable. Far worse than my smartbro connection. I just hope that this won't happen to you.

there's a lot of factors why even a pldt mydsl user experiences a slow down. viruses, trojans, spywares, junk files, wrong tweak settings and even his line wire could be a cuprit. hope he found a solution coz as far as i know, pldt mydsl is far better than smartbro.

Or it could also be the area. A lot of myDSL users I know here in Zamboanga have problems with the P999 plan. But the P1995 works like a charm ^^

• 1 month later...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 3046 Kbps about 3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 372 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/12/19 - 5:42pm

Bottom Line:: 53X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.75 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 8.047 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 77.82 % faster than the average for host (mydestiny.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-9E2JXPVQI

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; MEGAUPLOAD 2.0) [!]

share2-9E2JXPVQI

• 2 weeks later...

what the??!! i almost got in trouble before because of these kinds of posts, and here is someone doing it AGAIN?!?! this is no laughing matter guys, everytime i see this, something nags at the back of my head to say what i want to say, and i'm not holding back on the caps.

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU'RE GETTING FROM OTHER SPEED TESTING SITES, PLEASE, DON'T SAY THAT THEY ARE MORE ACCURATE THAN TESTMY IN THIS FORUM. YOU ARE BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.

e2 nmn ung akn.. sa speedtest ko tnry kc ms accurate kesa d2 sa testmy.net..

btw plan 999 lng ako ..  :evil: (mblis ang pldt kung marunong kayo mangdaya)

http://www.speed^^^^^test.net/result/218400143.png  (pki tanggal nlng ung ^^^^ kc bwal ipost ng mgkadikit eh.. :D

5991Kbps/401Kbps connection ko.. ;D

what did he say??

Guest ExtremeFusion

@ momma t

here is what depowta said:

Here is mine.. I tried it from speedtest because it's much accurate than testmy.net..

btw I'm on plan 999 ..  :evil: (pldt is fast if you know how to cheat it)

http://www.speed^^^^^test.net/result/218400143.png (please remove the ^^^^^ because it is forbidden to post it continously)

5991Kbps/401Kbps is my connection.. ;D

To all Filipinos out there, don't mock my translation.. I am only getting trouble translating magkakadikit in English, continuously is the most appropriate and near to the contextual meaning that I could get, that is why I use it...

@ momma t

again, this is another guy (WITH FOUR POST, BY NOW) who just sign up to diss this site.. quite annoying, unethical and impolite.. I don't wanna be a suck-up (sipsip) but it just screams rudeness how this guy acted (or should I say posted) plus he is promoting the other site, by that I think you know what I mean.

He said it was forbidden to post the link continuously, because he does know that the link will be banned for spamming tmn...

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU'RE GETTING FROM OTHER SPEED TESTING SITES, PLEASE, DON'T SAY THAT THEY ARE MORE ACCURATE THAN TESTMY IN THIS FORUM. YOU ARE BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.

Right, FB :!:

what the??!! i almost got in trouble before because of these kinds of posts, and here is someone doing it AGAIN?!?! this is no laughing matter guys, everytime i see this, something nags at the back of my head to say what i want to say, and i'm not holding back on the caps.

PLEASE when you see posts like this use the report button to notify a mod immediately. It will NOT be allowed and we appreciate you catching it. But if we dont know about it we cant fix the problem. Again thanks for pointing it out.

• 1 month later...

I have the same plan as yours beware187. 512kbps for 1299 (phone line included). Still curious how you guys get those scores. I only get as far as 667kbps with tweaks. I prefer to not tweak as of the moment cause so far its not giving me any disappointments. im getting a good 367kbps-380kbps which is still under the 70%-80% of its advertised speeds.

I'll try to post actual scores when I get back home. will try the test on a busy Monday afternoon to get a good screenie of how PLDT scores on peak hours. About 5pm or 6pm would be good.

BTW beware187, are you using any tweaks? Or thats your score without any?  :cheesy: This scores better than what we have in our company! Did I mention we have T1 connections here?

share2-0AHGIR1MW

sOuRnEsS

Here's my score:

share2-G32MQ67OD&dual=yes&q2=JULP3HVB5

Pretty neat compared to my previous smart bro connection. Have been playing online games using this ISP and its not giving me issues so far. Before I go down to dial up speeds with smart bro during peak hours but PLDT stays between 365kbps-380kbps.

sOuRnEsS  :headbang:

• 2 months later...

hey there gang...

I'm also a smartbro user for the past the 3 years (since it was the only available ISP that could reach our house) and now upon moving to a new a house, I changed my ISP to PLDT myDSL. And Whoah!!!! I got he speed that I could only dreamed of for the [ast three years.....CHEERS!!!!!!

Tnks....Here's my speed with no tweaking, haven't tried tweaking it yet......Good Day and God Bless..

More Pwer to TMN!!!!!

share2-QK3HDT0FB