Streaming video & Smart Bro.

redsled23

If someone could please direct me to the correct forum. I'm getting ready to send my Fiance a laptop from the US. I have been considering subscribing to Smart Bro Wireless for her. We are anxious to use our webcams with Yahoo messenger. After reading some of the posts on this forum, I'm naturally concerned about the speed of Smart Bro. Can anyone advise me regarding what I can expect with Smart Bro. She lives in Dipolog City if that makes any difference. I really don't want to mess with tweaks from 12,000 miles away as she will be totally lost in this technical aspect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Redsled23

welcome to the tm.n community @ redsled23.

smart bro is ok for webcam streaming.

here's what your fiance should do.

1) find out if there are better ISPs in Dipolog City besides SmartBro so you will have options.

2) If there's none, have her request from smart techs assessment of the location where the smartbro antenna will be installed if its compliant to smartbro speed requirements (ie distance of location, no barriers like tall buildings, trees etc)

3. in case you subscribe to SmartBro anyway, install Skype on the laptop. Skype is better than yahoo when it comes to webcam streaming and realtime functionality.