This is Fred want to ask you or the forum about ping times. I

> can't send out over 995 bytes of packets at a time before I

> start getting timed out messages where as before I could

> determine max (mtu) Where it would go all the way to 1496 bytes

> and it started degrading or fragmenting and tell me I could set

> my (mtu) to 1500 bytes now it won't go any further than 1125 and

> it times out what is wrong I feel sure it is a server problem

> but they don't care about ping times what can I do to send out

> at least 1496 bytes before it starts fragmenting :?

This is Fred want to ask you or the forum about ping times. I

> can't send out over 995 bytes of packets at a time before I

> start getting timed out messages where as before I could

> determine max (mtu) Where it would go all the way to 1496 bytes

> and it started degrading or fragmenting and tell me I could set

> my (mtu) to 1500 bytes now it won't go any further than 1125 and

> it times out what is wrong I feel sure it is a server problem

> but they don't care about ping times what can I do to send out

> at least 1496 bytes before it starts fragmenting :?

:) Fred,

What kind of connection do you have,has anything changed lately? Post some times and give us some info and someone will try to help.If you ping someplace what are the ping times?Iam assuming that when you ping your firewall is off,right....let us know.Also what are you using to determine your MTU etc.

8) Microwave

:) Fred,

What kind of connection do you have,has anything changed lately? Post some times and give us some info and someone will try to help.If you ping someplace what are the ping times?Iam assuming that when you ping your firewall is off,right....let us know.Also what are you using to determine your MTU etc.

8) Microwave

thanks micro What I have here is a dsl connection @ 1200dwn and 256k up advertised but the ISP has been doing a lot of changes to their network. It seems like the speeds are acceptible and average at least a T1 service, as you have seen my uploads are outrageous 1300 to1700k up and this is where I feel the problem lies because the up should not be greater than the down. I use the TCP optimiser to check my (mtu) and pings I have a Zone labs 2004 pro fire wall that I can edit for all of the sites that I ping so as not to let my defenses down. I also have this Big Amp Rwin calculator that helps me figure out the Rwin settings in the register. I also use the doctor ping program at DSLreports and at one time they use to post my ping times, however the timeouts no longer allow them to post. :idea:

thanks micro What I have here is a dsl connection @ 1200dwn and 256k up advertised but the ISP has been doing a lot of changes to their network. It seems like the speeds are acceptible and average at least a T1 service, as you have seen my uploads are outrageous 1300 to1700k up and this is where I feel the problem lies because the up should not be greater than the down. I use the TCP optimiser to check my (mtu) and pings I have a Zone labs 2004 pro fire wall that I can edit for all of the sites that I ping so as not to let my defenses down. I also have this Big Amp Rwin calculator that helps me figure out the Rwin settings in the register. I also use the doctor ping program at DSLreports and at one time they use to post my ping times, however the timeouts no longer allow them to post. :idea: