Smart Bro Proxy

carts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

ExtremeFusion, does speed differ in the day and nightime?

yes it does...

less user are in midnight and before dawn or even early in the morning,

means faster speed since the allowable maximum bandwidth is not sacrificed...

imagine this

in a computer shop, the more user who download and play iNet games, the more the connections lag...

since the bandwidth is divided among the users using it at that time...

likewise in our smartbro subscription...

yes it does...

less user are in midnight and before dawn or even early in the morning,

means faster speed since the allowable maximum bandwidth is not sacrificed...

imagine this

in a computer shop, the more user who download and play iNet games, the more the connections lag...

since the bandwidth is divided among the users using it at that time...

likewise in our smartbro subscription...

I usually use internet during daytime for work and surfing during lunchbreaks. Is there a way I can improve my speed from average 300 to something higher?

Guest ExtremeFusion

@ flashbaby

You are on smartbro right?

Cablenut tweaks, does not offer instant boost in speed.

You still have a lot to do like

----->     check your pc for viruses and spywares (most of the time, they are the culprit of slow computer performance)

----->     delete your temp files, cache, history and other junk files regularly ( i do it on a daily basis)

----->     defragment your hard disk (weekly if you work with large files often)

----->     turn off unneccessary system services

----->     reduce running application while using the internet

----->     clean and defrag your registry

----->     and least of it all, upgrade your pc if you have a bad configuration or hardware (low ram, slow processor etc.)

and you may also want to try TCP optimizer...

and remember patience is the key in tweaking...

one tweaking per day is enough then observed if the speeds are for the better on the following and succesing day

if not, do another tweak...

then stick with the one that gives you the best speed...

:smitten:

I apologize for being so meticulous in smartbro technical aspect and in behalf of coolbuster2007's childlike reaction to my criticism and to some made by other members here in TMN... :angel:

that's a lame apology for your bad manners and name calling in this topic...

and it's not necessary for you to apologize for another member or members...correct yourself only please

I can say what I want to say and you can't dictate me!

Actually, we can. But it's not fun having to use that right though, we're both better off if this dispute ends peacefully.

On the internet, freedom of speech only goes as far as the person owning the website (or those that have been put there by that person for moderating) allows it, and you're treading into dangerous territory with that attitude. Enough with the warnings, it needs to change (at least on this website), or you're outta here (again).

Actually, we can. But it's not fun having to use that right though, we're both better off if this dispute ends peacefully.

On the internet, freedom of speech only goes as far as the person owning the website (or those that have been put there by that person for moderating) allows it, and you're treading into dangerous territory with that attitude. Enough with the warnings, it needs to change (at least on this website), or you're outta here (again).

F@CK!

Hi there ExtremeFusion. Just wanna thank you for the message you sent. You are not just a good young man, you are also cute.  :smitten: Anyways, I followed your instructions and my speed got better. I saw it is ranging from 320 to 400 kbps, I just do not know how to post the result. Will learn to do it eventually.

You guys here are great.  :smitten: I have read the posts of Gourame, Frostbound and Coolbuster2007. They share their knowledge and it helped me a lot that even my girl classmates wanted to meet them.  :smitten:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Hi there ExtremeFusion. Just wanna thank you for the message you sent. You are not just a good young man, you are also cute.  :smitten: Anyways, I followed your instructions and my speed got better. I saw it is ranging from 320 to 400 Kbps, I just do not know how to post the result. Will learn to do it eventually.

You guys here are great.  :smitten: I have read the posts of Gourame, Frostbound and Coolbuster2007. They share their knowledge and it helped me a lot that even my girl classmates wanted to meet them.  :smitten:

well thank you for the compliment..

Finally Someone other than my Mom, said that I am cute!!!

ACHIEVEMENT! Hahahaha  :2funny:

BTW, why does Gourame, Frostbound and CoolBuster2007 gets the chance to meet your classmate, can i meet them too?! hehehe

@coolbuster2007,

if i am not mistaken you are from davao?! I bet your super far away from falshbaby's location...sorry you won't really get the chance to meet them personally.. hahaha  :haha:

Just kidding...

@flashbaby,

should anything come up just post here in tmn, we'd be glad to be of help..  :smitten:

Hi there ExtremeFusion. Just wanna thank you for the message you sent. You are not just a good young man, you are also cute.  :smitten: Anyways, I followed your instructions and my speed got better. I saw it is ranging from 320 to 400 Kbps, I just do not know how to post the result. Will learn to do it eventually.

you know,we could always schedule a meeting among us smartbro subscribers here in tmn. you have thought of that before, right coolbuster?