Smart Bro Proxy

carts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know,we could always schedule a meeting among us smartbro subscribers here in tmn. you have thought of that before, right coolbuster?

(off-topic) yeah! a christmas party will do. but that would be expensive for me, still have to solicit a plane ticket from mayor duterte. jk  :grin2:

(off-topic) flashbaby is really a nice girl huh. i guess she is around 18-22 yrs old. i'm gonna be his kuya  :wink:

(back to topic) the improved smartbro dns servers are working really great. giving me fast and stable speed. it made me disregard opendns for the meantime.

Guest ExtremeFusion

translate kuya for me...sounds lovey dovey to me  :smitten: don't disappoint me  :angry::angel::kiss: jk

I think it means something like mentor or big brother.

@ momma t

OT is off topic

Coknuck is right, but more specifically it means the older or eldest brother..

It has heirarchy actually

Kuya (KU-YA) ----> The eldest brother

Dico (DI-KO) -----> The second eldest brother next to Kuya

Zangko (SANG-KO) -----> The third eldest brother next to Dico

.... (and other pronoun next to Zangko I couldn't remember)

Bunso (BUN-SO) ------> Youngest of all brothers, irregardless how many of them there is... as long as you are the youngest you are called bunso...

Same goes for the Sister

Ate (AH-TE)-----> Eldest Sister

Ditche (DIT-CHE) -----> second eldest sister next to Ate

Sanse (SAN-SE) ------> third eldest sister next to Ditche

.... (and other pronoun next to Sanse I couldn't remember)

Bunso (BUN-SO) ------> Youngest of all sisters, irregardless how many of them there is... as long as you are the youngest you are called bunso...

Bunso applicable to the youngest (child) male/female in the family...

Actually, we can. But it's not fun having to use that right though, we're both better off if this dispute ends peacefully.

On the internet, freedom of speech only goes as far as the person owning the website (or those that have been put there by that person for moderating) allows it, and you're treading into dangerous territory with that attitude. Enough with the warnings, it needs to change (at least on this website), or you're outta here (again).

Mmmmm.. Sorry but we are in a forum right? Yes, you are what we called the moderators.. But here in what we called "forum," we are here TO HELP, so if there's something wrong with the answers or suggestions of the posters, we should correct it.. I've read all the posts in this thread and found out that Sir smartbroken_user corrected only the wrong information given by sir coolbuster2007 about the power level.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. Thanks..

Mmmmm.. Sorry but we are in a forum right? Yes, you are what we called the moderators.. But here in what we called "forum," we are here TO HELP, so if there's something wrong with the answers or suggestions of the posters, we should correct it.. I've read all the posts in this thread and found out that Sir smartbroken_user corrected only the wrong information given by sir coolbuster2007 about the power level.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. Thanks..

Some posts may have been edited or even removed (by him or us), because they were plain flames. This isn't the only thread he used to frequent, besides, he was a returned bannee.

hello everyone.

i just wanna know why (its sudden XD) is proxy.meridian.ph forwarding me to www.meridian.ph?

i used it for a long time now and it never occured before.

@coolbuster and frostbound - do you use proxies? what proxies do you suggest?

OT for everyone - smartbro guy went here last week. they told me its the base station and they admitted that its with the smart not us. my dad had a chitchat with them for a while. it's funny because "ginawa kameng labasan ng mga hinaing sa smart company XD" and it's pitiful that Smart gives really low salary to their employees.XD they are paid per work done. and they are unfair. if they're guy didnt fix the connection they will not get paid even if the CULPRIT is the basestation.

one time, one of them had a quarrel with their superiors about their crappy basestation saying they should upgrade it. he was terminated after that immediately.XD

I just wanna say if smartbro guys went to visit you. dont blame them. BLAME THEIR SUPERIORS. AYAW NILA GUMASTOS PARA MAGUPGRADE NG BASESTATION.

sorry for the long off topic message. i just wanted to uncover the evilheartedness of smart tel. company to the newbies here.^_^

please dont ban me or anything.T_T

@aneljr009 - bro your from sacred heart academy of novaliches?

where is do you reside? caloocan? can you tell me the color code of your basestation?

i'm from palmera springs (i didnt put my exact address coz tmanaz said so) near almar.

off topic: if you have extra HDDs(i dont care what size it is) i'll buy or borrow if from you if you dont need it. i need it for bios upgrade. thanks. :smiley:

250-460kbps with no tweaks or whatsoever.

its just pure basestation randomness.XD

@everyone reading this - guys, if you know a good dns server other than opendns please tell me. and other proxies also.

*Reminder to Everyone: whatever you do, if your basestation sucks, everything will be FUTILE.

Guest ExtremeFusion

250-460Kbps with no tweaks or whatsoever.

@everyone reading this - guys, if you know a good dns server other than opendns please tell me. and other proxies also.

*Reminder to Everyone: whatever you do, if your basestation sucks, everything will be FUTILE.

the jitter in my ap plays in the range of 1 - 3

with the rssi ranging from 750 - 830

sector usage count: 20 -25

my canopys' about 0.6 miles away from the base station...

Now tell why in the world my connection is 10 - 15 KB/s...

Is something stupid happening in my AP, these figures are way above than those who have worst speed here in tmn (smartbro user).

When I use proxies, it push my speed 250 Kbps - 448 kbps...

That is without tweaks...

IMHO

Not every way of tweaking is applicable to everybody...

The best way is to stick with the tweak that gives you the best speed.

OT for everyone - smartbro guy went here last week. they told me its the base station and they admitted that its with the smart not us. my dad had a chitchat with them for a while. it's funny because "ginawa kameng labasan ng mga hinaing sa smart company XD" and it's pitiful that Smart gives really low salary to their employees.XD they are paid per work done. and they are unfair. if they're guy didnt fix the connection they will not get paid even if the CULPRIT is the basestation.

one time, one of them had a quarrel with their superiors about their crappy basestation saying they should upgrade it. he was terminated after that immediately.XD

I just wanna say if smartbro guys went to visit you. dont blame them. BLAME THEIR SUPERIORS. AYAW NILA GUMASTOS PARA MAGUPGRADE NG BASESTATION.

sorry for the long off topic message. i just wanted to uncover the evilheartedness of smart tel. company to the newbies here.^_^

please dont ban me or anything.T_T

Are you referring to SmartBRO technician? Actually, as far as I know, smart is paying P 450 PER VISIT to their contractors. I.e. EPINS, UMI etc. It's up to them (said contractors) how many technicians they want to send for every subscriber. I think they only need to send one or two people depending on the problem. Sometimes, they are sending two or more technicians, what will happen to P 450 then? As per their ( technicians) salary, it actually depends on their bosses ( contractors ).

If you are in that business, do you want your contractors to do the same thing? I mean you trusted those contractors to help you fix the problem of their subscribers, but they don't do their job that well ( not all ). Sometimes, the low salary that they ( technicians ) are talking about depends on their bosses ( technicians ).

I am not actually in favor of smart in general, but sometimes be considerate. The bad thing is, SMART SHOULD STOP INSTALLING NEW SUBSCRIBERS UNTIL THEY FIXED all their congested base stations.

Anyway, repairing those base stations is not that easy in a big business. But in fairness to them, some base stations in north luzon especially in bataan and zambales were already fixed ( but still not all of them).

We are looking forward now in fixing their base stations in some part of bulacan, metro manila, palawan, laguna area and some part of visayas and mindanao! hehehe..  :evil:

250-460Kbps with no tweaks or whatsoever.

i think you're half correct.

imagine this, if your basestation gives you a nice speed, but you computer is not tweaked/configured to handle such speeds satisfactorily, you will have poor connection.

this works in vice versa, if you're computer is tweaked, but the basestation is faulty, you will still have poor connection.

in order to have a good connection, you need a good basestation and good tweaks.

p.s. i don't use proxies too.

imagine this, if your basestation gives you a nice speed, but you computer is not tweaked/configured to handle such speeds satisfactorily, you will have poor connection.

this works in vice versa, if you're computer is tweaked, but the basestation is faulty, you will still have poor connection.

in order to have a good connection, you need a good basestation and good tweaks.

I agree. Enough said.

i was pertaining about the basestation only, not with the pc. if your basestation sucks, everything will be futile.

I'm being arrogant or anything and i have a great amount of respect on you guys. I'm just telling what i've meant about the said post.

@extremefusion - i suffered worst than that. i think its 2 or 3 weeks NO connection. i know its not on my antenna because when i checked my canopy

the "SectorUserCount" is 0(Zero) meaning no one is connected. with a "RegFail" of 3000! AND their guys confessed that basestation color code 133 has problems.

i will rephrase what i've posted.

*Reminder to everyone: whatever you do, if your also connected to a basestation like i have, your tweaks will be futile.

@Procopio - if I'm the boss of Smart, there will be no "tons" and i mean tons of calls on the hotline and post talking about tweakings.

contractors are not the ones holding the money. ika nga nila "dumadaan lang ang pera at kame lang ang tagakontrata" technician are not at fault too. they are just laborers and they have no power to change anything because POWER is MONEY and MONEY is POWER. Technicians also wished for an upgraded basestation for the problem to lessen because they know its pointless to have a field visit when the problem is on their side.

Procopio, youre asking me about what should contractors do about salary.

how about this: i asked my technician to do a field visit to fix a clients connection. he didn't fix it because the basestation was the problem. will you not give him his salary eventhough he did a field visit? when you know that its the bosses fault that he didn't give funds for an upgraded basestation?

You answer this.^_^

what they're doing is unethical. what would Jesus Christ do?

its the BOSS who tells them where the money will go and he's telling them its going to his pocket.

i apoligize about the posts. they're off topic.T_T

lets sue Smart.^_^ We'll win if we're many. hohoho.^_^

contractors are not the ones holding the money. ika nga nila "dumadaan lang ang pera at kame lang ang tagakontrata" technician are not at fault too. they are just laborers and they have no power to change anything because POWER is MONEY and MONEY is POWER. Technicians also wished for an upgraded basestation for the problem to lessen because they know its pointless to have a field visit when the problem is on their side.

Do more research about the SMART-CONTRACTORS Agreement..  :azn:

Procopio, youre asking me about what should contractors do about salary.

how about this: i asked my technician to do a field visit to fix a clients connection. he didn't fix it because the basestation was the problem. will you not give him his salary eventhough he did a field visit? when you know that its the bosses fault that he didn't give funds for an upgraded basestation?

You answer this.^_^ 

Case to case basis. Anyway, some people here in the forum have congested base station but no problem with their connections.. So the possible solution, do some tweaks ( if you believe in it )  :smiley:

Anyway, Me too, if I am the technician and I am in the middle of the war.. I will find something to go out of those freaking bullets..  :smiley:

what they're doing is unethical. what would Jesus Christ do?

:angel:

its the BOSS who tells them where the money will go and he's telling them its going to his pocket.

Let's try to become a big businessman  :evil6:

=========

Anyway, let's try to find out the stable DNS to help each other. In some cases, some subscribers are complaining that they can't connect to yahoo messenger or sometimes it will turn on and then turn off again after a minute. Try proxy.smartbro.net - port 8080 in connection preferences.