Smart Bro Proxy

carts

Guest sexpert

Just today I have tested the effect of using the proxy.smartbro.net as the internet proxy and here is the result (see attached pics). Without Proxy: 122 Kbps, With Proxy 497 Kbps with just 2 mins difference of tests.

My conclusion is that using the proxy.smartbro.net as internet proxy really speed up the internet connection.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. proxy servers help speed up connections. it caches everything from your preferred website then delivers it to you. usually when using proxy.smartwifi.com.ph, the speed is 400+ kbps. but for me, my connection is at least 500+ kbps even without proxy.

i think it's best to use proxies during peak hours especially when you experience 200 kbps more or less that time.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@ coolbuster2007

you are a lucky guy to have speeds like that even without proxies...

or

you are just gifted with a good basestation and tweaking knowledge...

oh i just remembered, isn't using proxies while testing speed like fooling yourselves? since the speed test you are taking is already cached, you will get a high result but in truth, your speed is still slow.

i think u nid to test b4 u post  :idiot2: base on my experience dl ran onlineclient i only got 3hrs for 500+mb file 47.7kb/s b4 no tweaks 6hrs 15.3kb/sec transfer rate so u mean im fooling my self :uglystupid2:try to tweak man and test it b4 u pots here ok :uglystupid2:

oh i just remembered, isn't using proxies while testing speed like fooling yourselves? since the speed test you are taking is already cached, you will get a high result but in truth, your speed is still slow.

i think u nid to test b4 u post  :idiot2: base on my experience dl ran onlineclient i only got 3hrs for 500+mb file 47.7kB/s b4 no tweaks 6hrs 15.3kB/sec transfer rate so u mean im fooling my self :uglystupid2:try to tweak man and test it b4 u pots here ok :uglystupid2:

wow, you made me sound like a complete noob there. well:

1. check our post counts. i've been around longer than you, so i think i know what i'm talking about.

2. this is what wikipedia says about proxies :

In computer networks, a proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application program) which services the requests of its clients by forwarding requests to other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some service, such as a file, connection, web page, or other resource, available from a different server. The proxy server provides the resource by connecting to the specified server and requesting the service on behalf of the client. A proxy server may optionally alter the client's request or the server's response, and sometimes it may serve the request without contacting the specified server. In this case, it would 'cache' the first request to the remote server, so it could save the information for later, and make everything as fast as possible.

and also

A proxy server can service requests without contacting the specified server, by retrieving content saved from a previous request, made by the same client or even other clients. This is called caching. Caching proxies keep local copies of frequently requested resources, allowing large organizations and Internet Service Providers to significantly reduce their upstream bandwidth usage and cost, while significantly increasing performance. There are well-defined rules for caching. Some poorly-implemented caching proxies have had downsides (e.g., an inability to use user authentication)

that means that when you do something like downloading ran online client for 3 hours and taking speed tests, guess what, it's already cached. you take the files faster since you're not connecting to the real source of the data, you're just taking it from the proxy server, which is oftentimes much nearer in terms of location.

ask anyone who has enough experience in this forum. a cached speed test is not accurate, so what you are doing is fooling yourself.

a cached speed test is not accurate, so what you are doing is fooling yourself.

???????????????????????????????? hehehehe no comment..

it has been proven  using proxies on SMART BRO really boosts speeds of connection i dont know on other ISP's and I dont care... end of story..

ok g

i'm not saying that you shouldn't use proxies.by all means, use them. but not when you're taking a speed test. what i'm saying is, if you use a proxy, then do speed test, chances are that test is cached, which is inaccurate. and i think believing in inaccurate tests is fooling yourself.

if proxy cacheing does exist ofcourse it would be inaccurate to do speed tests.. so better do speed tests without using any proxies..

i have only an idea about proxies.. the reason maybe why using proxies on smart bro makes connections speed higher is because smart bro uses a static ip address so all of the clients that are using the same base station share a single IP so if there are too many users using the said base station it might result into a congestion and slow of internet speed.. so when a user uses a proxy it might redirect the signal to the proxy server and not directly affecting the base station capacity so congestion is minimized..  im not sure about this its only an idea..

i started this thread because ive been using these proxies for a long time now and they always speed up things on my side.. as i said in my early posts of this thread this wont work to everybody its case to case basis..

this thread has gone too far and many disputed about using proxies.. it is very simple if proxies dont work on your side dont use them..

Guest sexpert

proxies may or may not improve the result of speed test, but i don't care for as long as I can download as fast as ave of 50 Kilo bytes per sec. some factors like server's distance to your PC can greatly affect the integrity of speedtest :)

fr0stbound is right. do not use proxy servers when you are speed testing. yes it feels good when we get high scores, and yes we pretty well know that the proxy thing made it possible. but hey guys don't take it seriously. as long as we are satisfied with the way things are going, keep it up. lets get contented with whatever we have, that's where real happiness comes from.

:smiley:

Yup. Proxies somehow help gain speed (as well as other tweaks, to begin with) and there's nothing wrong in wanting to have good connection speed. And testing with or without tweaks/proxies is an option not a must. Peace  :icon_rr:

@ sexpert (OT)

I'm starting to doubt whether you really use the help of MS Word for your posts. I think it's just the genius in you all along. Naaaks! <- 'can't translate... errr... sort of a compliment. :cool2:

I am new to this forum so i did not know where to post this one.

this is just to project my utter disappointment to my smart bro connection at home. I was asked to heighten up my antenna THREE TIMES and with this i have to pay 450 for each "akyat" 

kasi kailangan daw mataas ang antenna para malakas ang signal. duh.

KUNG GANON, BAKIT ALANG KWENTA PA RIN KONEKSYON KO????????????????

kelangan bang magbayad na naman ako ng 450. Taragis naman, more than 1400 na nagastos ko, AKALA KO BA FREE ANG INSTALLATION?????????

:tickedoff:

isang taon bang ganito???????????????????? aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh!

step in how to prevent limited or no connectivity

1. try to connect to the internet

2. if your connected visit the status of ur connection

3. click the support

4. click details

5. now you will see all the parameters (don't close the details

6. go to control panel

7. open internet and network conection

8. right click and choose properties

9. choose tcp/ip and click properties

10. choose alternate configuration

11. choose user configuration

12. fill up all the parameters using the one u get on step 4 except for win server

and viola! start browsing happily ever after  :lol:

(note: it is better to use proxy server before doing that)

Edit by RTB: Caps off dude. :shocked: