Smart Bro Proxy

carts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TESTIMONY or FEEDBACK..

for the past several months that i've been using Ultra Surf Proxy i can say that it's actually the best..

its free and it is FAST...

other proxy servers tends to sell you something or has limitations.. but this one doesn't have limits or stupid tactics.. and its FREE..

this software or proxy server are used by people in CHINA where major sites are blocked.. this is used to bypass and change their IP address..

In Dubai some sites are blocked too..so i had my sister use this and she can now access all the site she wants...

it even has 3 servers for backup just in case the other one fails.. but it never fails though. hehe

i love it.. :)

what you think?

To Use it on  your Firefox...

1. Tools

2. Options

3. Advanced

4. go to NETWORK TAB

5. on CONNECTION click SETTINGS

6. Select Manual Proxy Configuration

7. HTTP PROXY use    127.0.0.1

8. Set the Port to 9666

9. TICK the "USE THIS PROXY SERVER FOR ALL PROTOCOLS"

click OKAY to save

you can check your IP ADDRESS by going to google and typing IP ADDRESS it will give you several links that will point you to a site that can detect your IP address and if followed and done correctly you will notice that the IP address is actually masked or changed.. :) If you got more question don't hesitate to ask..

Same goes if you want to set up other Browsers.. since ULTRA SURF is designed for IE then you don't have to set IE manually since it will be automatically set once you run the software...

To Use it on  your Firefox...

1. Tools

2. Options

3. Advanced

4. go to NETWORK TAB

5. on CONNECTION click SETTINGS

6. Select Manual Proxy Configuration

7. HTTP PROXY use    127.0.0.1

8. Set the Port to 9666

9. TICK the "USE THIS PROXY SERVER FOR ALL PROTOCOLS"

click OKAY to save

you can check your IP ADDRESS by going to google and typing IP ADDRESS it will give you several links that will point you to a site that can detect your IP address and if followed and done correctly you will notice that the IP address is actually masked or changed.. :) If you got more question don't hesitate to ask..

Same goes if you want to set up other Browsers.. since ULTRA SURF is designed for IE then you don't have to set IE manually since it will be automatically set once you run the software...

nice tutorial. i will be re-posting this as a source then redirect viewers to this post.  :wink:

nice tip you got there ... hehe tried it already it seem doing good so far ... ei btw how can i autorun it in background so it wont bother me every time i start my computer ...

thanks :) and with regards to autorun.. upon checking on the options i don't see anything that will set it to auto run. I think this is a good thing though... this is a sign that it doesn't have any underground movement. coz setting it to autorun is actually adding some lines in the registry..  :)  after all once you clicked on it, it will run... and you are set..

since this is a stand alone i suggest that you place the original EXE file somewhere on c:  then create a shortcut on your desktop or quicklinks so as not to worry of having the file getting deleted.

nice tutorial. i will be re-posting this as a source then redirect viewers to this post.  :wink:

thank you coolbuster :)

this is what i did to keep it automatically running on start up ...

put the file which is U91.exe (updated version) on any drive you want (ex. c: , d:, etc.)

rightclick start menu then click open

open programs folder

open startup folder

create a shortcut of U91.exe in startup folder

then rightclick U91.exe click properties

in shortcut tab find run then select minimized then click ok

:cheesy: :cheesy:

hihi my prob is i dont know how to run it without clicking minimize to put it in the system tray. Is there a way of doing it? i tried the registry but its the same as the one i did.

help!!!!!!!! i used ultra surf but my connection got slower!!!!!!!! i tried the tips using it on firefox but it says that connection has been terminated....so  i uninstalled it....but after uninstalling it my connection keeps fluctuating like.....1 min i have internet connection after 2-3 min...it says connection terminated but after 2-3 min it comes back please help...i called smart bro but their technical support SUCKS!!!!!!!!! saying i have to uninstall and find another anti virus...sheesh...whats the  connection??? i know avast will eat up on bandwidth but not to the extent that i can't have internet access..please help me

if you will change the proxy on your browser make sure the ultra surf is running.. coz the changes you making on your browser actually points to ultra surf.. so if ultra surf is not running then it's pointing on nothing, causing failure on your internet connection..

try turning off your ultra surf and surf the net, if it's fast then its confirmed that its the ultra surf that has problems.. but if the result is still the same then it's probably due to your internet connection. so far, i never had problems with ultra surf.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

im just confused  :cheesy::angel: im really not good at this proxy thingy  :grin:

Do we really need to DL the software and run it in order for us to use the ULTRA surf proxy server?

and if so, do we need to run the software everytime we surf the net???......

don't be confused. Yes! you have to download this software.. but don't worry it has been tested... and you can take it from me.. it doesn't have any malicious intentions. This particular software is a standalone software. meaning you don't install it...

all you have to do is run the program (it won't take more than 10seconds) and set your browser (as mentioned before)

and you are all set. it automatically sets Internet explorer and automatically reset to default once you closes the ultra surf..

hey guys wus that ultrasurf proxy? can u pls share it to me my conection really sucks,i'm a smart bro user, TIA

i use proxy for anonymity purposes and not to speed up my browsing... if your connection is really slow, your browsing with or without ultrasurf proxy will be slow..

but i must agree that sometimes when i experience problems with my friendster such as pictures not showing up, most of the time i use ultrasurf, and everything is fine..

whats is much better to use,,ultrasurf or freegate??

i was the one who promoted ultrasurf.. so i should say "Ultrasurf" :)  anybody who has another opinion?

ok this proxy idea is great thanks to the poster and others who contributed their knowhow. im wondering if using the said proxies or ultrasurf would let me connect to online games. well since it makes browsing the internet more faster maybe it could lessen my online gaming lags. thanks in advance godbless.