Satellite speed very slow

Bamellis

Mine actually works fine with the surge protector. I would take it off, but my service is working great.(For Wildblue, which really isn't so great) I get 1.6-1.7 down and a consistent 256k up. Latency well...that sucks just like everybody else's does. I can't wait until I get take that dish and use it for target practice, or Maybe I'll let my Quaker parrot use it for a bird bath lol.

actually do have it plugged into a surge protector. If it gives me any more trouble I'll plug it in to the wall!

I didn't know about the limits. I never use my dishmail but I guess I should start. My computer is always on and my kids are always on the other one playing games so I bet I do go over. :roll:

Yeah, it might be beneficial to look over the threshold limits and where you are on the limits. For the Platinum package, it should be something around 17G download, which is kinda hard to reach *that's almost 1/3 of my entire hard-drive :grin:* and 5G upload. Also, what types of games do you and your kids play? If you're playingany type of MMORPG, like World of Warcraft or Everquest, then it's entirely possible you are going over. Due to the massive amounts of upload and download that needs to happen between your computer and the server, it's very easy to eat up your bandwidth usage.

actually do have it plugged into a surge protector. If it gives me any more trouble I'll plug it in to the wall!

I didn't know about the limits. I never use my dishmail but I guess I should start. My computer is always on and my kids are always on the other one playing games so I bet I do go over. :roll:

I think she was talking about the TX and RX cables being run through a surge protector. Not the power cord.

No, I was talking about the modem itself, not the Tx and Rx cables. You can't plug those into a surge protector, anyway. But the modem itself has a power block on it, so you'll need to bypass the surge protector and plug it into a wall.

Hmm...They must have changed the surge protectors since I got mine.(That was way back in October of 05) My Tx and Rx cables actually run through the surge protector as well as the modem.