need opinions im planning to upgrade my procesor and mother board

xoxsquallxox

well first of all my pc specs im using is this at the moment

PIII 800 mhz

320 sd ram

i gone to the mall looking for a good upgrade to my pc and heres what ive seen so far.

- this is a 2nd hand store shop and heres what their best offer so far

PIV 2.4 ghz                                  2,600.00

256 dd ram                                  1,350.00

socket 423 PIV mother board          1,480.00

i went to complex store in another mall and heres what i have been offered their and take note this all of this is brand new

Celeron D 3.10 ghz              2,550.00

Gigabyte mother board          3,000.00

256 dd ram                          1,315.00

another procesor of them is

dual core 1.6 ghz which is 4,210.00

and same main board and ram above...

i only got a limited budget and whats the best and affordable in my budget to buy in there.

i always play online games and surf online when i use the pc so i need some suggestions to help me decide in here

well first of all my pc specs im using is this at the moment

PIII 800 MHz

320 sd ram

i gone to the mall looking for a good upgrade to my pc and heres what ive seen so far.

- this is a 2nd hand store shop and heres what their best offer so far

PIV 2.4 GHz                                  2,600.00

256 dd ram                                  1,350.00

socket 423 PIV mother board          1,480.00

i went to complex store in another mall and heres what i have been offered their and take note this all of this is brand new

Celeron D 3.10 GHz              2,550.00

Gigabyte mother board          3,000.00

256 dd ram                          1,315.00

another procesor of them is

dual core 1.6 GHz which is 4,210.00

and same main board and ram above...

i only got a limited budget and whats the best and affordable in my budget to buy in there.

i always play online games and surf online when i use the pc so i need some suggestions to help me decide in here

If you are near the Metro Manila area, i suggest you go to Gilmore and buy the parts then assemble your own pc.. Your'e going to save a lot of money like I did and you will have a decent machine..

Also if your into games, a high RAM (512 above) is a must, and also consider a very good video card.

If you are near the Metro Manila area, i suggest you go to Gilmore and buy the parts then assemble your own pc.. Your'e going to save a lot of money like I did and you will have a decent machine..

Also if your into games, a high RAM (512 above) is a must, and also consider a very good video card.

im using nvdia video card right now 64mb memory

right now my ram is 320 and im planning to buy a 256 mb sd ram so it will be a total of 512mb because i have 3 slots and i will remove the 64 mb ram card, but i was thinking even i got 1gb ram i think its the process that matters correct me if im wrong...

im using nvdia video card right now 64mb memory

right now my ram is 320 and im planning to buy a 256 mb sd ram so it will be a total of 512mb because i have 3 slots and i will remove the 64 mb ram card, but i was thinking even i got 1GB ram i think its the process that matters correct me if im wrong...

Your motherboard (PIII) is old so i guess the RAM is outdated too. If you're going to buy current MOBO's in the market, Im afraid your 320 ram isnt compatible.

There are different formats of memory sticks.  (RAM)

I dont know but IMO, I think you should do a complete overhaul of the CPU. Php20,000 (w/o monitor) can give you a kick@$$ PC. I suggest that youll save more and try to build one yourself.. Its a good investment and youll be able to play current games until the next year.  :cool:

yah thanks for the suggestions..

there is 3 type of rams

sd ram for old type of pcs

dd ram for pentium 4 and up

rdram for branded computer

anyway if i buy a mother board with a procesor of celeron d 3.10 ghz i really shud buy a minimum of 256 dd ram and because of compatibility issues cause my sd ram wouldn't fit in.