does anyone know how to change basestations using their canopy

xoxsquallxox

well i read about changing base stations and i tried changing my color code because ive seen a color code that has high rsi and low jitters. but when i change my color code and try to use the internet again i am always redirected to the smart portal and when they authenticate my account the msg appears

system change detected

that my account was deactivated

call the number shown in screen.

but when i restore my old color code i dont encounter any problems and i can use the internet online again any idea on ths?

im downloading quick fix right now i wonder if it can help me change my base station

No it wont help you change your basestation, For me, its a very USELESS tool. Basically it just tells you if you have internet connection or not.. It doesnt fix anything.. I wonder why theyve even called it quickfix.

system change detected

that my account was deactivated

call the number shown in screen.

I have that same problem before, we called their hotline (*1888) coz we've been seeing that message for two days and we cant load any webpage besides that. Good thing the lady who answered was nice and she fixed the problem while we were talking to her on the phone.

so theres a chance i can change my abse station i just need to call their hot line when i encounter that problem?

anyway it only happens when i change my color code i discovered were almost 60 users in my color code which is 2 and i see that in color 157 theres only 19 users so thats why i want my color code to be 157.

so theres a chance i can change my abse station i just need to call their hot line when i encounter that problem?

anyway it only happens when i change my color code i discovered were almost 60 users in my color code which is 2 and i see that in color 157 theres only 19 users so thats why i want my color code to be 157.

Yeah.. Just dont say anything about tweaking your canopy when you call them.  :smiley:

was wondering maybe they will know i change my settings cause i think my canopy is already registered on color code 2 because when i change it to 157 i always come back to smart portal and says system change detected account is temporary disabled call customer support...

but i returned it to color code 2 my original base station then i dont encounter that anymore and i can connect to the internet already

first,check if you can access your canopy homepage. look here http://www.testmy.net/t-18616

1. when you've accessed your homepage, click Tools, then AP evaluation.

2. look at the bottom of the page and click Rescan AP

3. look for a good AP. one that has a low jitter (preferably 1 to 4) and a high RSSI (preferably 500+). when you have done that, take note of its color code.

4. now click Configuration, then click Radio. Enter the color code of your selected AP where it says "Color Code"

5. click "Save Changes" then click "Reboot".

if someone did this make an testimonial... i myself tried this but when i was redirected in  smart portal i was indicated in the page that system change was detected and my account was temporarily deactivated.. but no worries just return your color code to your original color code before u did any changes and your internet connection will be fine again.

when changing color codes make sure you log in to you smart portal page. activate it till you get the message you may start surfing. that is done after you switched color code coz the first thing you'll notice after the switch is that you'd be re directed to the portal. make sure your registered your new code or new AP first. 

when you wanna revert back to your old color code the steps are all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

followed all the steps... one problem though, after being redirected and logging in, i get the message "system change was detected".  :angry:

1. anyone knows how to get pass through this error w/o calling *1888?

2. let's say i change my base station and ask help from smart's csr  for assistance... after they fix my connection, would they revert me back to my original color code?

3. would smart know i've been manually tweaking my  canopy?  :evil:

great thanks to all those who could help us.  :smitten: