HughesNet Problem

rjventre

I have a problem with Hughesnet that I have never seen before. The problem started about a week and a half ago. The problem that I am having is that webpages will randomly not display when I try to go to them. Internet explorer says cannot display the webpage. The only way I can view a page that is not displaying is to clear my cache and then refresh the page and it loads normally. This happens on both secure and nonsecure sites randomly at any given time of the day. I am on AMC9 with the small office plan. Has anyone else had this issue or know what is going on? Your responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tommie,

By clearing the cache, I go to tools, internet options, delte, delete all, I check the box that says also delete files and settings stored by addons, and then I click yes. As for rain, I wish it had been raining, but as it is, we are in the middle of a drought. As for restarting the modem, usually I do that every 4 to 6 days, last time being yesterday.

I defragment regularly

Doesn't sound like this has anything to do with the problem.

my system has 3 grounding blocks on it. I checked my wiring and as far as I can tell, everything looks good.

3 grounding blocks ??? why. All that is necessary is one where the coax enters the structure, preferably on the inside out of the elements and it is only a ground for the coax and not the transmitter.

The transmitter should have it's own ground wire and not come in contact with the other until they each connect to the electrical service ground.

But 3 ground blocks would be 4 coax connectors for each and 2 more on each end making a total of 16 possibilities for a corrosion failure. You need to take everyone of these apart and check for a discoloration and clean or replace before reconnecting.

Now for the PC use a few spy-ware and ad-ware cleaners. The system scan using IE at Ewido

( http://www.ewido.net/en/ ) works very well. Left side click on scan now and follow prompts. These nasties can also cause problems.

Try this and if it continues then we need your signal strength and ACP (cross-pole) which you can't get if you reboot the modem, it clears out the numbers. This can be found at 192.168.0.1 under system info and do not post site ID or account numbers.

I had this problem on the same service lvl and the same satt. you are on. I am on a wired network and I read in the forums that on a network it is easiest to run a hub and not a router if you dont mind running wires. I was already on a wired network run through a router so instead of assigning IP addresses through the router manually I just went to Wal-Mart and bought a $30 5 port hub and hooked it up and bingo , almost all pages load the first time through the gate now.

Also I agree that I don't understand why you have 4 ground blocks but I did have trouble with the transmit side of my ground block burning up which turned out to be water in the underground conduit causing it bu at any rate it didn't affect my page loads but it did slow my upload speeds way down before it would finally just lose connection after a while. I went through 4 ground blocks before I discovered it wasnt moisture getting in around the connections but instead water getting into the coax under ground.

Well, I called hughes tech support and they escalated my case to tier 4. Tier 4 finally called me back yesterday and they said the NOC had changed the way packets were being routed on AMC9 and something had gotten misconfigured. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and they said they did fix the problem. Sure enough, my pages are now loading normally with no problems.