Extend your Canopy Range for more than 2 miles with this simple upgrade

jrpong

@coolbuster2007

this was a spare sat dish (i work for cable tv and i install dream)... speed will stay the same according to my smartbro insider because of BAM i told him to give me a new tier with faster bandwidth kaya lang it will be discovered by his superiors so i'm stuck with this speed

this is an ordinary dream sat dish nothing special if you have a friend with a non worjing dream satellite ask him for the dish para magamit nyo

i think it works by gathering up the signal and then reflecting it to the canopy. could you tell us the material it is made of? i think im starting to get an idea of it.

it's the same satellite dish used by dream (http://www.dream.com.ph) satellite available nationwide.

so you can use the satellite dish of a non-working Dream Satellte IRD (receiver) yung expired na ang subscription or blocked (useless IRD's)

@coolbuster2007

this was a spare sat dish (i work for cable tv and i install dream)... speed will stay the same according to my smartbro insider because of BAM i told him to give me a new tier with faster bandwidth kaya lang it will be discovered by his superiors so i'm stuck with this speed

this is an ordinary dream sat dish nothing special if you have a friend with a non worjing dream satellite ask him for the dish para magamit nyo

thanks for the info. yeah we have that dish here, but im having second thoughts of using it coz im already close to the base station. take my case, will it improve more my speed?

@ fr0stbound

yupp! we've done that too (browsed a cantenna project a few months ago) ... it only works for our 2.4GHZ Wifi but canopy is using 5.7 GHZ and it only connects with our WRT54G wireless antenna plug so we scrapped that project but it has extended our range from about 100ft. from the base station (WRT54G) to about ~100 meters or more.

thanks for the info. yeah we have that dish here, but im having second thoughts of using it coz im already close to the base station. take my case, will it improve more my speed?

nope... speed is restricted by BAM on the base station using PRIZM but you will have a good signal even if it rains so hard.

so if you can hit around 400+ speed be content they are restricting everything unless you have a buddy with a high position on SMART so you can request a tier with a higher bandwidth.

for me i only got around march 2008 until we (cable tv) implement our cable internet (im the admin) so i can have any bandwidth for my own consumption @ home and @ work. ako naman ang mag-restrict ng bandwidth for our subscribers using these tiers

nope... speed is restricted by BAM on the base station using PRIZM but you will have a good signal even if it rains so hard.

so if you can hit around 400+ speed be content they are restricting everything unless you have a buddy with a high position on SMART so you can request a tier with a higher bandwidth.

for me i only got around march 2008 until we (cable tv) implement our cable internet (im the admin) so i can have any bandwidth for my own consumption @ home and @ work. ako naman ang mag-restrict ng bandwidth for our subscribers using these tiers

we are glad you have joined us in this forum. I am sure your contributions will help other smartbro subscribers who have been deprived of adequate speed.

we are glad you have joined us in this forum. I am sure your contributions will help other smartbro subscribers who have been deprived of adequate speed.

i would be glad if any subscriber of (SmartBrok.. something) who has a slow speed who can make this project like we do (always experiment) to have an increase in speed due to high RSSI and lower jitter... post their their achievement so that we can prove (like mythbusters) that this will not only improve the range of canopy but also the speed of connection.

so it won't really increase speed, just give us a better communication line with the base station. btw, what is BAM?

as of our experiment we did not notice any speed increase because we are hitting around 400+kbps already

BAM is Bandwidth Authentication Manager, it restricts your subscription to whatever bandwidth you have subscribed. e.g if you have 384kbps like mine you'll get 384kbps not more than that, but for SmartBro we have an upburst of around ~512kbps max to we are also hitting 400+kbps and for those who hit more than 512kbps their SM's are not capped by the BAM yet or maybe the AP and SM are using different software versions (conflicts can happen) for now i've upgraded to 8.2 canopy software version (i have a canopy classic SM not canopy lite, if you have an advantage canopy so much the better)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ExtremeFusion

do they use prizm? i mean smartbro?

when i tried to access it using prizm software, it says server status is down?! any idea? or is it just i am not yet logged in in the system... that's why it says server status is down?