hughesnet hn7000s "nat" issues HELPPPP ME PLEASSSSSE =)

bading56

ok..i didn't really know i had any issues untill a buddy told me about azureus..i was useing an irc..anyways..im not all that familiar with the lingo..static ip..dynamic..bla bla bla..all i know is that it shouldn't take me 5 days to download a file..so if someone could maybe walk me through how to setup my modem and wutnot..that would be freak'n awsome.. :angel: and this is my first attempt at a msg board..so i hope i did it right..lol..thanks

It is Hughes.net FAP

ok..i didn't really know i had any issues untill a buddy told me about azureus..i was useing an irc..anyways..im not all that familiar with the lingo..static ip..dynamic..bla bla bla..all i know is that it shouldn't take me 5 days to download a file..so if someone could maybe walk me through how to setup my modem and wutnot..that would be freak'n awsome.. :angel: and this is my first attempt at a msg board..so i hope i did it right..lol..thanks

The FAP changed in April. You have a set amount of download per day (mine is 425MB). Once you go over, you are downgraded to dial-up speed for 24 hours (and its actually slower than dial-up). If you keep trying to download during that time, you could be downgraded longer than 24 hours. You can check the amount you have downloaded here http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frm_usage.cfm . The only good news is that from 3:00AM to 6:00AM Eastern, you can download all you want without affecting your daily useage.

• 1 month later...

There isn't any "setup" for the modem.  The 7000 does it's own thing.  It is "self-hosted".  Regarding the dynamic or static IP; that depends on whether or not you ordered a static IP address when you bought the package.  If not, then it is dynamic (the modem assigns one to you).  So if you run the Hughes LCCU program that sets up your computer, there is nothing else you need to do without getting into that techy bla-bla-bla stuff.  Look at the Hughes usage site mentioned above, and when it says you are NOT under FAP, do a speed test from this site.

yeah i remember fap when i had hughesnet about a year ago. that is the most worthless thing about hughesnet i remember one day i  just got pissed about it then i started a 3.2 GB file and about 350Mb in it slowed down i said f*ck there not getting the better of me so i just let it go............took like 3 days at d-up speed they called on day 2 saying i downloaded 2 much i was soooo you want me to pause it huh? he said yeah i said too bad and hung up the phone.......he said if i let it keep goin he was gonna shut off my account he never did. :haha: