Can't use all speakers for sound

amc11890

I have a 5.1 logitech speaker setup, and whenever i try and connect the first set of speakers a dialog comes up asking which speaker this is and i choose front left and right(which is right) but when i choose that option it automatically switches to digital output(i dont have digital speakers) so the only way i can get the speakers to work is to set the first two speakers as line in.  In that case all the other speakers work except for the first two ones becuase they are set as line in.  BTW i only have this problem with vista and not with xp.

no that actually made it worse, because now i have zero sound and it is configured as a digital output device and its saying there are no speakers connected.

I feel horrid. Im so sorry my suggestion made things worse. Goodness vista was so not ready for the pc. I am at a loss at any more ideas. One more time. I am really sorry that did not fix the issue. I thought forsure that was the solution.

I feel horrid. Im so sorry my suggestion made things worse. Goodness vista was so not ready for the pc. I am at a loss at any more ideas. One more time. I am really sorry that did not fix the issue. I thought forsure that was the solution.

dont worry i ended up restoring it back to the old drivers and now 3 out of the 5 speakers work