AMD Processor change ???

EWO

I am running an AMD 64 X2 4400+.  Would there be any worthwhile

benefit for me to change the processor over to an AMD FX-62 ??

Computer is new w/ 4GB DDR2 pc4200 ram.. 

Would any reliability factors come into play ??

T.I.A.  All help appreciated.

What do you use the computer for? You could put a better heatsink on the CPU and overclock it. You should be able to get close to the 2.8MHz that the FX-62 runs at, You might even be able to get to 2.8MHz  The only real avenge the FX-62 has is a unlock multiplier and 1MB of L2 cache. If I were to upgrade I would go for the 6000+[3.0MHz] for the same price.

What do you use the computer for? You could put a better heatsink on the CPU and overclock it. You should be able to get close to the 2.8MHz that the FX-62 runs at, You might even be able to get to 2.8MHz  The only real avange the FX-62 has is a unlock multiplier and 1MB of L2 cache. If I were to upgrade I would go for the 6000+[3.0MHz] for the same price.

the 6000+ 3ghz, is a power hog at over 120 watts, and puts out tons of heat. i was told by members of this forum to get the 5600+ which is a dual core 2.8ghz but uses like only 89 watts, and is alot cooler than the 6000+

the 6000+ 3ghz, is a power hog at over 120 watts, and puts out tons of heat. i was told by members of this forum to get the 5600+ which is a dual core 2.8ghz but uses like only 89 watts, and is alot cooler than the 6000+

That sound good to me[ I am still running 939 socket and do not know all the ins and outs of AM2]  I do not think he will see much of a different with either one to make it worth his wild to change processor, most program and games still do not use both core.