AMD 939 Winchester Release Dates

Swimmer

For all of you who have been following the developments in the AMD 64 battle and the Intel Prescott I have good info for the AMD fans out there. The release dates for the next line of the Athlon 64 processor was release today. http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1985

As you can see Intel is going to need to step it up. It looks like AMD is going to release their 3800+ Athlon 64 chip in May of '04. Yes.. that is right 2 months. It is going to run at 2.2ghz and be built on the 90nm platform.

For all of you who have been following the developments in the AMD 64 battle and the Intel Prescott I have good info for the AMD fans out there. The release dates for the next line of the Athlon 64 processor was release today. http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1985

As you can see Intel is going to need to step it up. It looks like AMD is going to release their 3800+ Athlon 64 chip in May of '04. Yes.. that is right 2 months. It is going to run at 2.2ghz and be built on the 90nm platform.

Yeah no kiddin! I think that AMD will lead for a while until Intel decides that the consumer needs the 64bit chip. Right now it seems that only people like us really care about the proformance boost. Well...use and large companies. As for the graphic war. ATI seems to have that one won sightly with the 9800XT. Who knows what Nvidia will come up with. :D

Yeah no kiddin! I think that AMD will lead for a while until Intel decides that the consumer needs the 64bit chip. Right now it seems that only people like us really care about the proformance boost. Well...use and large companies. As for the graphic war. ATI seems to have that one won sightly with the 9800XT. Who knows what Nvidia will come up with. :D

Me just getting 2 brand new rigs was very tough going. There is never a good time to buy a new system and any half-born techno weenie should know that by now. I just hate, after shelling out $2600 for these 2 rigs, going back the next week or two and seeing how much cheaper the purchase price is now or what component/s I could have upgraded for the same price. It really just plain sucks!!! Since personally buying my own computers for the last 15-20 years I have only once bought or upgraded at a really inopportune time. But even though it works out that way it never ever seems that way in the months after you initially buy your new setup. WHY IS THAT!!! Concentrating on my new rig I wanted so much to have the FX-51 chip at the heart but you know what? I just could not justify the $800 price difference for the FX-51 compared to the P4 3.0C processors in the current market and software environment. Hell I only paid a total of $850 for my daughters entire new P4 2.8Ghz w/1GB Corsair XMS. I guess because when you decide you are going to plop the dough down you feel that you are getting the best deal you know of. I feel I did okay because the same configurated puter from Dell woulda been $750 more with no cooling and a crappy case! But still after knowing that the FX-51 is not my centerpiece and a new standard (PCI Express) will be coming out shortly I just feel like I bought at the wrong time or am getting ripped off. Believe me I research and priced for well over 6 months before I bought again so I knew what to get. Still feels wrong though. WTF!!! WHY IS THAT!!! LMAO :D

Me just getting 2 brand new rigs was very tough going. There is never a good time to buy a new system and any half-born techno weenie should know that by now. I just hate, after shelling out $2600 for these 2 rigs, going back the next week or two and seeing how much cheaper the purchase price is now or what component/s I could have upgraded for the same price. It really just plain sucks!!! Since personally buying my own computers for the last 15-20 years I have only once bought or upgraded at a really inopportune time. But even though it works out that way it never ever seems that way in the months after you initially buy your new setup. WHY IS THAT!!! Concentrating on my new rig I wanted so much to have the FX-51 chip at the heart but you know what? I just could not justify the $800 price difference for the FX-51 compared to the P4 3.0C processors in the current market and software environment. Hell I only paid a total of $850 for my daughters entire new P4 2.8Ghz w/1GB Corsair XMS. I guess because when you decide you are going to plop the dough down you feel that you are getting the best deal you know of. I feel I did okay because the same configurated puter from Dell woulda been $750 more with no cooling and a crappy case! But still after knowing that the FX-51 is not my centerpiece and a new standard (PCI Express) will be coming out shortly I just feel like I bought at the wrong time or am getting ripped off. Believe me I research and priced for well over 6 months before I bought again so I knew what to get. Still feels wrong though. WTF!!! WHY IS THAT!!! LMAO :D

Yeah. I agree completly! With the possibility of PCI Express, the winchester updates, and ddr2 around the corner I am questioning if building my computer now for college or waiting. I think that I am going to wait. I know that I will not beable to afford the ddr2 chips but i can still put ddr into them. :D It seems like we are back in the late 90's again..... Everyother week something new and better is coming out. For a while there everything was kinda solid.... A p4 3.2, dual channel 1 gig, sata, ect. But now everything is being turned upside down. :cry:

Yeah. I agree completly! With the possibility of PCI Express, the winchester updates, and ddr2 around the corner I am questioning if building my computer now for college or waiting. I think that I am going to wait. I know that I will not beable to afford the ddr2 chips but i can still put ddr into them. :D It seems like we are back in the late 90's again..... Everyother week something new and better is coming out. For a while there everything was kinda solid.... A p4 3.2, dual channel 1 gig, sata, ect. But now everything is being turned upside down. :cry:

:) yeah,

I waited for several years to buy a home PC cause it was changing so fast

every time I got close to buying, some new stuff was just coming out.As a result I went a long time using a laptop from work,I just kept thinking my "new" PC will be outdated as soon as I get it home.Now when I look back I think I had the wrong approach, technology is always that way and if you wait you miss out on the technology thats at hand. Like the old adage "Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream" he he.So now I say buy what YOU can afford today because if ya wait ya don't have shit!!

8) Microwave

:) yeah,

I waited for several years to buy a home PC cause it was changing so fast

every time I got close to buying, some new stuff was just coming out.As a result I went a long time using a laptop from work,I just kept thinking my "new" PC will be outdated as soon as I get it home.Now when I look back I think I had the wrong approach, technology is always that way and if you wait you miss out on the technology thats at hand. Like the old adage "Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream" he he.So now I say buy what YOU can afford today because if ya wait ya don't have shit!!

8) Microwave

I see I am not alone. Not that that makes me feel any better but damn there is NO good time to buy anything not just computers. I guess you take what you think you feel is right. But then again like my post above the f*****g s**t never feels right..lol Sorry about the french there but I will tell you what. I had the time of my life during the 6 months that I researched and priced what I wanted in my puters!!! I guess you could kinda associate buying a computer with having sex. Before and during the climax is always the best but when you blow it is time to lay back and relax until you get horny again or need an upgrade :?

I see I am not alone. Not that that makes me feel any better but damn there is NO good time to buy anything not just computers. I guess you take what you think you feel is right. But then again like my post above the f*****g s**t never feels right..lol Sorry about the french there but I will tell you what. I had the time of my life during the 6 months that I researched and priced what I wanted in my puters!!! I guess you could kinda associate buying a computer with having sex. Before and during the climax is always the best but when you blow it is time to lay back and relax until you get horny again or need an upgrade :?

• 2 weeks later...

:) Cool Swimmer,

1.568?? volts no overheating or oc....code name sledgehammer I'm about to blast he he no this is really cool the closer we get to the magic 3ghz becoming common the faster and cheaper all puters get.. thats a good thing like Henry Ford said he wants to put one in every home?or was that the Gates guy~~~~very cool thanks for the info

8) Michael