New Laptop

tstillery

i bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and i seem tho have a prom with it well i think its a prom? and i would like to know if i can upgrade the processor or if i can over clock it

the processor says it is a 2ghz T7300 but when i run everest home the clock speeds are less then 2ghz and when i run clockgen they drop from 1995 to around 1964 then back up so like up down I'm sure this because the processor is working?.. what got me thinking about This was i installed Ghostrecon2 and it told me that my system was not compatible to play the game right due to slow processor  speed .does anyone know why or can anyone help ..Thanks

here are my specs

System Characteristics1

Part Number and UPC

Nice system you have there!  I can't see why It wouldn't play your game though. Maybe disable some of the services you don't need while gaming.  I would start another profile and name it "gamer" or something.

Look at the links down here and see if they help at all.

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/windows/2006/12/05/hardware-profiles-in-vista/

http://www.stardock.com/products/tweakvista/

That should play games with no problems. Maybe it has a conflict with Vista. I would not overclock a notebook cpu it will create to much heat inside the notebook. Some people do overclock their notebook video cards a little ,but keep a eye on the video card temps.

well the game does say Vista and you know the sticker they put on the laptop around the touch pad area it said that it was ready to play that game it was like part of their advertisement i guess ...but any who does only one know if you can up grade the CPU or if you can overclock a laptop ..i cant do from the BIOS it does have that Intel Virtual setting not really keen on what that really does ?

Thanks

HOOAH

out tstillery

My bad i should have mention that i already check and my power setting are at high performance .... so i still don't know what it is trying to have my wife call Toshiba but she having a hard time figuring out what I'm talking about to tell them lol..she trys bless her heart ..and they take her off to left field somewhere ..so I'm still open to ideals Thanks

HOOAH

out tstillery

I do not think overclocking a notebook is a good thing to do and when overclocking I like using the BIOS to overclock,but here is a windows program that should overclock your notebook if the notebook allows it.

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

Be careful , raise it a little bit at a time and watch your cpu temps. Try to do it without raising the cpu voltage if you can. Keep the vents clean with some can air or compress air if you can get it over there.

Do you void all warenties if you open up a laptop?

If a 2.0Ghz processor idles at 1.99Ghz thats quite reasonable, but in your attempt to overclock you see the cpu speed droping?

Did the GhostRecon2 installer say your cpu speed is to slow?  Maybe it scaned your computer for a 2.0ghz P4 and didnt reported you didnt have one?

GhostRecon2 requirments:

Windows XP, 2 GHz P4 or equivalent (2.8 GHz recommended),

1024 MB RAM

128 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card (256 MB recommended, GeForce 6 Series or higher, Radeon 9600 or higher),

4.5 GB of free space,

12x CD or DVD drive

Dman it man i want power and i want it all the time  :twisted: maybe ill just use this laptop for normal stuff have to wait tell i get my allienware to come back...had to send it back cuz all it would do was turn off and on by itself .. :idiot2: maybe it was from outer space..lol  maybe ill have better luck over clocking it ..beeen trying to get away from deskstops but dont if i can ..well if some one comes up with any ideals plz let me know ....Thanks

HOOAH

out tstillery

Dman it man i want power and i want it all the time  :twisted: maybe ill just use this laptop for normal stuff have to wait tell i get my allienware to come back...had to send it back cuz all it would do was turn off and on by itself .. :idiot2: maybe it was from outer space..lol  maybe ill have better luck over clocking it ..beeen trying to get away from deskstops but dont if i can ..well if some one comes up with any ideals plz let me know ....Thanks

HOOAH

out tstillery

If you want to over clock your not getting away from a desktop. And don't take this the wrong way, but its very stupid to try and overclock a laptop because of the limited cooling.