Having strange problems with download speeds

Ebegebee

Hi guys. I have a really strange and annoying problem with my computer. I have cable broadband internet with CMA Cablevision, using the test programs found on this website I am rated at 4.1 mb download. I have no problems surfing the internet and downloading from websites, it is super fast. The only problems I have are with downloading within programs. For example: in Limewire I only get 5-15 kbps where I could reach up to 100+ before. Other examples include Blizzard Downloader (for WoW) and update programs of the like. I don't understand why this works like this.

The only reason i could think this happens is maybe because I took a harddrive from another computer and am now using it in this one.  The new harddrive came from an entirely different computer. When I put the new harddrive in I didnt reinstall a fresh copy of windows, I just uninstalled all of the old hardware and installed all the new components. Everything has worked flawlessly, except the fact that I get crappy download speeds outside of internet explorer. What should I do? Thanks for any help