TWO OLD QUOTES WORTH REPEATING

tommie gorman

"It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces, and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers.  In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform me until it wastoo late. Accordingly, I am readily willing to yield my command to these obviously superior intellects, and I will, in turn, do my best for theCause by writing editorials - after the fact."

~Robert E. Lee, 1863

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged."

~President Abraham Lincoln

Any other good quotes?  :grin2:

"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."

-Walt Disney

"The only thing you can't learn is stupidity"

-fr0stbound

(i thought of this myself, i don't know if someone has said it before)

"Woman, what's for breakfast?"

-fr0stbound

Give a man a fire and he is warm for a night, but set fire to him and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Terry Pratchett in Jingo

If you know the enemy

and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a

hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,

for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will

succumb in every battle.

Sun Tzu

If you know the enemy

and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a

hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,

for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will

succumb in every battle.

Sun Tzu

i love sun tzu's "the art of war". i remember a part of it that goes something like

"if the order is unclear, the commander is at fault, if the order is clear and it still is not followed, the subordinates are at fault"

i can't remember it exactly, i lent my copy of it to a friend.

quotes to think about. from the movie black hawk down.

"When I go home people'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda warv junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. "

"Look, these people, they have no jobs, no food, no education, no future. I just figure that we have two things we can do. Help, or we can sit back and watch a country destroy itself on CNN. "

i love sun tzu's "the art of war". i remember a part of it that goes something like

"if the order is unclear, the commander is at fault, if the order is clear and it still is not followed, the subordinates are at fault"

i can't remember it exactly, i lent my copy of it to a friend.

there's so many good quoyes from art of war i could fill this topic. there is one more i want to put in here, gonna have to go look it up.