PS3 vs New PC

igarek77

Hi Guys,

Have a decision to make, so I thought I'd just throw it out here and see what you all suggest! :shocked:

My wife said that she wants to give me a Christmas present and she gave me a choice..lol

So it's either I get a PS3 or a new PC which I will build myself.

I currently have a P4 HT Machine but would love to get the latest Dual Core proc.

So what are your suggestions?

Hi Guys,

Have a decision to make, so I thought I'd just throw it out here and see what you all suggest! :shocked:

My wife said that she wants to give me a Christmas present and she gave me a choice..lol

I currently have a P4 HT Machine but would love to get the latest Dual Core proc.

well you can always get a ps3 then put yellow dog linux on it then you have both :wink2:

heres a vid of it and i have the same setup (and A pc) :smitten: :smitten:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eC5BEof-jd8

you pay 4 360 but at least their servers are mantained. i got a ps3 and i like it except theres no good games out at the moment... otherwise its sweet lol

yeah the only games i have for mine right know is Rfom and WarHawk That warhawk is a very good game. and cant wait for grand theft auto for ps3

btw ive never had any problems with there servers :wink2:

I am very happy with my PS3. Current;y i only have Resistance and nascar 08. There both really sweet games. expectally using the sixaxis controller when playing nascar.

I can't wait to get heavenly sword, and for NFS and "ratchet and clank" to come out for it.

I would have to recamend the PS3

i have only had a couple minutes on the 360 the ps3 and the Wii.

i have to say i am not a fan of the usual console games (except maybe action racing or nhl hockey) and the graphics on the 360 and ps3 are as good as they are to be expected for the price. but the fun factor of the Wii control concept cinched it for me. if i was to buy one of the three it would be the Wii.

I'm a computer man myself. If you can actually build a computer with a good graphics card and stuff I would do that. Buncha sweet games are ganna be coming out. (Crysis, Team Fortress 2, HL 2: episode 2, Kane and Lynch, Far Cry 2)

Hi Guys,

I LOVE my PS3 especially now with Heavenly Sword out. There are some great games coming up soon too. I mean great, and its a blu ray player. Thats super sick if you have a high def tv. That being said I would say ask yourself this. If you got a PS3 AND a new PC which would you spend the most time on. Thats a good way to answer it for yourself. Of course you already have a good pc and the PS3 should drop to 399 before Christmas so maybe you would get some kick ass peripherals and games.  :grin2::azn: You probably should have said "gaming machine" instead of PS3, everyone is a lil biased and you will get biased answers. Mine is obviously a lil biased towards ps3.

If you get a console personally I would go with the 360. If you do though DO NOT get one until the chipset redesign comes out. The ones out there right now are prone to fail, but the new chipset should fix the problem. What I would recommend is go and look at the games available for the PC, 360, PS3, Wii etc. and see which one has the games that you like. Because in the end that is all that really matters. Be aware that if you do get a PC and you want to game on it expect to spend a fairly large chunk of change. The video cards on these off the shelf PCs are not going to cut it unless it is specifically a gaming PC.