I did something stupid

JH2688

Ok, heres the story.

Last night i was doing something on the internet, when i came along this page that said i needed to update my video codecs to go this this site. well i clicked ok. so it started to install, then im think this ain't right to I closed it thinking it was some virus or something. No today i went on my laptop and then a window popped up said that something was wrong.

So i decided that i would just reset my laptop back a couple days. while in the process of doing that i screwed up somehow. I went to PC recovery and started to go though that. and when it started to back up my file i decided not to do that yet to i shut done my computer to stop it(thinking that nothing would happen).

Now when i try to start my laptop it tells me this:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<windows root>/system32/hal.dll.

Please re-install a copy of the above file."

What did i do? and how can i fix it?

I dont have a disk. I started it up again and i pressed something and it went to my pc recovery screen.

Will this erase everything? I hope not because i had my laptop just the way i liked it.

Yes it erases everything, and that is what you need to do to be sure that you got rid of everything...

So what were ya doing? because i know  :haha: :haha: :haha:

That just sucks.

well i was looking for that picture of that girl that was in high school musical movie. even though i've seen the movie or know what she even looked like, just thought i'd check it out.

nude pics huh ? :roll:  dont blame ya but i dont think you will find any since her being with disney and all. :haha: