SMART BRO WEBHOSTING(IPV6)

freakasylum23

Please help how to use smart bro to host a website using IPv6. I am using apache 2.043(IPv6 capable). It had already an account at go6.net and I use tunnel broker but it seems its not working well. Please help!!!

smartbro webhosting is available only on corporate packages right?

as for me, i did not install IPV6. it opens a connection to all your neighborhood computers which are on the same smartbro access point.

nope. coz i did not install IPv6 in my network connection. but there is a neighbor of mine, an owner of a computer shop, who took the risk of experimenting. he was able to see our neighbor's PCs in his My Network Places and can access their shared folders.

i think IPv6 is not needed for this... i heard that the only requirement perhaps is just have your Smartbro directly connected to your PC and should have the same workgroup name... yesterday my smartbro was just reinstalled after it fell last sunday... i plugged it directly in my PC instead of my ruoter and there were 10 computers in my network neighborhood... some PCs when clicked won't let me open their computers, 1 PC asks for username and password... 1 PC opened up with only the printers folder visible and another PC i was able to open all the shared folders...

EDIT:

In a LAN Connection when you have different workgroup names you won't be able to see each other right? do you think it also applies to a smartbro neighborhood?

i think IPv6 is not needed for this... i heard that the only requirement perhaps is just have your Smartbro directly connected to your PC and should have the same workgroup name... yesterday my smartbro was just reinstalled after it fell last sunday... i plugged it directly in my PC instead of my ruoter and there were 10 computers in my network neighborhood... some PCs when clicked won't let me open their computers, 1 PC asks for username and password... 1 PC opened up with only the printers folder visible and another PC i was able to open all the shared folders...

EDIT:

In a LAN Connection when you have different workgroup names you won't be able to see each other right? do you think it also applies to a smartbro neighborhood?

oh come on! are you trying to imply that you have the same workgroup as your neighbors? unless you all use the default workgroup name which is "WORKGROUP".

when my neighbor net shop owner uninstalled IPv6 he was not able to look for other computers in his My Network Places Connection anymore. i find no other reason why it occured.

yep... my workgroup name is the default WORKGROUP... and i used to work for a smartbro installer contractor though i'm in the web development section... even before i applied for a connection (not from them, they did not even install my connection...) - they told me it was possible...

plus if the basestation has a router for all the computers connected in that basestation, wouldn't it be just like your physical router.... ?