SMART BRO TWEAKs!!!!!

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

HI...  :lol:

I THOUGHT THAT WHEN I SUBSCRIBED TO SMART BRO AT LEAST I COULD HAVE 100 KBPS DOWNLOAD SPEED

SINCE I KNOW THAT THE DOWNLOAD SPEED IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SMART (E.G. TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, DELAYS, WHATSOEVER)

BUT SAD TO SAY  :icon_pale: MY DOWNLOAD SPEED IS JUST 20 - 44 KBPS, LIKE I'M USING A DIAL UP CONNECTION.. GEEZ!

WHAT A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT...

I HAVE TRIED DAP AND FDM TO INCREASE MY DOWNLOAD SPEED BUT NONE HAVE WORK SO FAR...

AND I ALSO CALLED THEIR CSR TO GET ASSISTANCE BUT THEY JUSY GAVE ME A SERVICE REPORT NUMBER THAT I NEED TO FOLLOW UP (AS ALAWAYS!)...  :tickedoff:

I JUST NEEDED SOMEONE TO HELP ME FIX MY PROBLEM, I MEAN I'M NOT THAT GENIUS WHEN IT COMES TO TWEAKING OR OVERCLOCKING THE COMPUTER SO COULD ANYBODY HERE GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE ON HOW I CAN BOOST MY DOWNLOAD AND BROWSING SPEED...  [geek]

YOUR EFFORT AND SUGGESTIONS WILL BE PRETTY MUCH APRECIATTED..

THANKS....  :lol:

Guest ExtremeFusion

:cry:

Thanks guys, but i dunno whats wrong?! whahahaha  :cry:

I have tried cablenut, canopy configuration, proxies, but none have work so far wahahaha  :cry:

What could be wrong?

Coolbuster if you happen to read this, help please. whahahaha  :cry:

@extreme fusion, look for the posts in here about accessing your canopy. it involves the ESN or mac address of your SM.

as what i have read in this forum they are using the command arp -a in the command prompt.

C: arp -a

once you have the mac address then its time for you to convert it to decimal.

that will be the IP address you will going to use to access the canopy page. Just search that topic in this forum

Guest ExtremeFusion

Frostbound here it is:

Link Status

RSSI : 592 

Jitter : 2 

Distance : 0.66 miles (3479 feet) 

Link : 100Base-TX Full Duplex 

AP : 0a-00-3e-f2-91-32 

Guest ExtremeFusion

Your connection is: 360 Kbps or 0.4 Mbps

You downloaded at: 44 kB/s

You are running: 6 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 23.27 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:ExtremeFusion CompID:111458385

Test Time:: 2007/09/25 - 8:16am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FDM)

Test ID: Z3FX9W25B (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 34.09 % of your hosts average (1.2)

This was tested from a 386 kB file and took 8.792 seconds to complete

guys, my upload here has been uplifted it used to be 7 kbps but somehow after relocating my ap, it changes.. but the download speed is still the same.. grrrrrr!

• 2 weeks later...

1. go to your canopy page

2. click Tools>AP Evaluation

3. search for a suitable AP. jitter of 1-4, RSSI of 800+, and low sector user count if you can manage it.

4. note the color code of the AP

5. click Configuration>Radio. put the color code you got where it says "Color Code"

6. click save changes and reboot

7. go to portal.smartbro.net and enter your account username and password, then wait until it says it's ok to surf.

1. go to your canopy page

2. click Tools>AP Evaluation

3. search for a suitable AP. jitter of 1-4, RSSI of 800+, and low sector user count if you can manage it.

4. note the color code of the AP

5. click Configuration>Radio. put the color code you got where it says "Color Code"

6. click save changes and reboot

7. go to portal.smartbro.net and enter your account username and password, then wait until it says it's ok to surf.

Just to add on, if it says temporarily deactivated, ask for the operator/TSR to activate the roaming capability of your SM/antenna.

here's a few helpful links for starters

http://www.testmy.net/t-20597

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=18616.msg226478;topicseen#msg226478

http://www.testmy.net/t-18617

i included the link for instructions on how to make an override plug. but if you can't make one, just pm coolbuster, he has some for sale.

i already posted this in reply to that question of yours before. check those links out, if they don't work, you need an override plug.

can't believe i quoted myself

are there other way to access to my canopy???

you might wanna try the Mac  address conversion method, i believe you have been

one of those who got into that area wide mass configuration. you should get the mac address of the canopy and convert them and use the 10.x.x.x series access. i still don't feel good i wasn't able to help out last time.