How can I make my upload speed faster? Globe Broadband

nobodyhome

i used to be a smart wifi/smartbro user for almost two years a few days ago i got VPN (voluntary permanent disconnection)

i totally gave up on smartbro (my average is 200-250 on DL and bout 150 on ups with smartbro 384 package),

now i got globe 512kbps with phone wireless 3g bundle, i get faster DL speeds but it seems my upload is slower

maybe you have tips for me on how to tweak settings maybe make it run faster on upload or overall performance

i would have posted test results from testmy.net but i dont know how to get the image to post

edit : banned website for spamming

for 512 wireless internet only, there's plan 995... when im still planning on having an internet connected, I prefer globe. They even have a plan of P995 for 1.5mbps (internet only. We already have a phoneline.) unfortunately, i ran out of slots, the globe attendant told me to wait for about a month then ask again, I need connection urgently so I settled for smartbro, after 3 weeks, globelines became available on our area. F*cking B*llSh*t! huhuhu!

i got tcp/ip optimizer but im afraid i cant use it, coz i need to restart my pc to make it effect the changes, and coz i have deepfreeze installed in my pc, it wont work,

and i dont want to turn off my deepfreeze its my defense against harmful progs and the sorts,

thanks much for help, i will continually look for tweaks that dont require to restart pc to take effect changes made

my last reading after messing around with my ie settings

edit : banned website for spamming

The best way to improve your upload is to optimize (simplify) your connection.  For example:

• connect directly - no wireless
  • disable any program which utilizes the internet (IM, P2P, AV, etc) - each of these uses upload in order to maintain a connection to its respective server

Try safe mode w/ networking - if you are still experiencing upload speed issues, check the signal levels of your modem.  This can usually be done by browsing to http://192.168.100.1 in your browser.  You can post them back here if you're not sure what to look for.  Another good way to test upload is to upload a large file (5 MB or so) via FTP.  Most FTP applications, and also the command line FTP, will show you your speed.

• 5 months later...

anyonw tried to change the antenna of the modem ZTE MF600?? or extend it to the roof? or connecting it to the TV antenna on the roof? i think its possible because the antenna on the modem is removable with a plug which is slightly similar to the antenna connector..

• 3 months later...

good day.. i have the same problem with the thread starter.. the globe wireless gives me a nice speed for downloading but when uploading a files, the connection seems to be super slowwwwwww..... what shall i do..? im afraid i dont know how to use the tcp/ip optimizer though i had read the tutorial already.. i just wanted my uploading be faster than the usual.. help..:(:sad::undecided:

• 1 month later...

I post this as a question not a statement.  Do wired networks typically have lower pings then wireless?  NiKkay, are you saying that uploading while surfing the web is slow OR that uploading and then not touching the computer is slow?  Because I know for a fact that if you reach your max upload your download will come crashing down.  If the requests for data are clogged trying to leave your computer then they can't get to the server to get your download.

• CA3LE locked this topic