need cablenut settings for 16/2 connection

destructionfever

• 5 months later...

What is the difference between the first .ccs file and the second if you don't mind me asking. Also, my transfer rate is definitely more stable than it was before it goes from 1400 KB to 700KB now. Is that stable enough or should I in fact keep trying different .ccs files? Obviously I will try your files first if you tell me these transfer rates aren't good enough. Also, a couple other questions if you don't mind. Should I block internet ping requests? I have two routers segmenting my network so there is no congestion. I was thinking to put one wired PC and one wireless PC on laptop b. And one wired xbox and one wireless xbox on router a. Router a will be closer to the modem and that is why the game systems would be on that router. But then I was thinking that I could keep the router a so that it could respond to ping and router b so that it cannot respond to ping. Any insight into a segmented network would be nice as it's hard for me to find info on this topic on the web. I know there is a lot of unrelated topics here please forgive me. I seek knowledge!!! :evil:

When you say 1400KB to 700KB is that downloading a file or taking a speed test? If its down loading a file I think its good. The only difference in the two CCS. file is the numbers. Some need big numbers and some need smaller numbers to achieve the best results. I don't use wireless so I won't be much help there.

• 1 year later...

I have comcast business 16/2, When downloading vista sp1 from microsoft I get 2.2mb/s with firefox.

Here is the link you can test with

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B0C7136D-5EBB-413B-89C9-CB3D06D12674&displaylang=en

Why wouldn't you just test from here ? It's going o be much more accurate, and log the results :)