Quick RoadRunner Question...

wyantm06

Ok I own a second hand store AKA Pawn Shop. I want to get RoadRunner regular like what I got at home for $45 a month there, but the rep on the phone said I am forced to get business class RoadRunner. Is this true? If so that is absolutely ridiculous, because it is $80 a month I was told by the rep.

It shouldn't be necessary - it's really determined by how you intend to use it.  If you're using the connection for business purposes, then yeah, they'll push you towards a business account.  If you play it off as for pure personal/pleasure use, you'll have a better bet to get residential.  It's all in the user agreement / acceptable use policy dealio.  Also, if you may have difficulty getting a 2nd res account if you're looking to put them under the same name.

It shouldn't be necessary - it's really determined by how you intend to use it.  If you're using the connection for business purposes, then yeah, they'll push you towards a business account.  If you play it off as for pure personal/pleasure use, you'll have a better bet to get residential.  It's all in the user agreement / acceptable use policy dealio.  Also, if you may have difficulty getting a 2nd res account if you're looking to put them under the same name.

Nah, the account at my house is in my mothers name. At my store I want it in my name. If I call and tell them it's for personal use they HAVE to let me get regular RR right? Because I don't want no Verizon, I love RoadRunner all the way.

For sure.  This is the part of the AUP that i was referring to:

[indent] Unless you have specifically subscribed for commercial grade service, the ISP Service is provided to you for personal, non-commercial use only. The service cannot be used for any enterprise purpose whatsoever whether or not the enterprise is directed toward making a profit. If it is your intention to use this service for these purposes, please contact Operator to inquire whether commercial grade service programs are available. [/indent]

You should be fine as long as you say it's just intended for pleasure use.

Ok, I mainly intend to use it for AIM, browsing TestMy.net, Xbox.com, my e-mail and pricing things that come into the store. I may possibly sell things on eBay to, but I doubt it. Still ok to get regular RR? Also, would you by any chance know how much installation is?

Well...I ended up calling today and cussing 2 different people out! I was told 2 times that no just because it is a business I HAVE to have business class, and it doesn't matter if I am just using it for personal use. $70 is way to expensive just to get on testmy.net, myspace, and xbox.com a day. I can wait until I get home. Sigh, I hope Verizon comes in my area soon because I am fed up with RoadRunner BS.