wuz up,

I'm just starting to learn Java,and I  need a compiler and have heard of "java grasp" and "doctor java" but when I google I dont see any link to download it, could get some info on how to get it or if its the correct thing i'm looking for ,I dont like using jdk.

Thanks..

thanks for your response but didnt find dr java or java grasp, those compilers were recommended, thats why i wanted those.........................I'm using Java cuz heard it's the best out there right now, and i am also doiing it in school  :smiley:

Good for you for going down the programming path in your studies.  But what exactly did you hear that Java is best at?  What are you looking to do?

I would start with C# then move to JAVA..  Java is a little tricker because there is no native, other than netbeans, IDE.  I learned JAVA back in high school then C#.. I wish I would have started with C# because most of the code is exactly the same, C# is the MS alternative to JAVA, and because you can develop C# in Visual Studio.. Which is about 1 billion times better than anything you are going to find for JAVA.   

I developed mostly on BlueJ and some netbeans..  All you need for a compiler is the SDK and a IDE and you should be set..

http://www.bluej.org/download/download.html