Please can you help me laptop touch pad

Rem

:roll: hi there

heres the problem, I have my laptop on wireless and hubbys pc on wired broadband, the laptop touch pad keeps freezing, I have had this laptop in at data com and toshiba and they can't fault it at all, they have replaced the touch pad and put a new hard drive into it and a new cd/dvd drive and it seems to only fault at home! it has started happening since hubbys desktop has been hooked to internet. he is running Linux and I am running XP Home, can anyone help me to figure out why the touchpad is doing this please. TIA

The internet on his PC would have nothing to do with that.

Check Toshiba's website for new drives for the touch pad. If there are none, You need to try and get the generic windows drivers on it.

Do you know if it also does that if you have a external mouse plugged in?

thanks, the drivers for it are on the recovery disk which has been run, to unfreeze you have to shut the laptop down and restart and even then the touchpad may freeze on restart, I have had in checked by the toshiba pros and they say theres nothing wrong with it, so today I have disabled touch and launch and the infrared feature and Im hoping it will help it, theres so much going on with this its hard to get it all down.

Just an idea, try un-installing the hardware , ie: touchpad,  maybe try and plug a usb mouse in if your not savvy w/ shortcuts that you'll need w/o the mousepad,  then do a system clean w/ a program like ccleaner.com , and or tweak now power pack, ( if you can get your hands on it, it's great, no substitutes!)  anything you have that will get rid of broken , or fragged registry items.  Once your system is clear of conflicts between all those times people tried to fix something by changing something, and left something behind in the mean time.

Then  go into device manager and see where the triangle w/ "!" inside is, or "?" , and install properly the mousepad.  Let us know how your doin :)