first of 26000. 30 yr old mother of 2 up to $30000 a song. 1702 songs. On trial

anox195

i fought the law and the law won...

:knuppel2::police:

and what irks me is all the people trying to sugarcoat what she did.

she stole. plain and simple. she then decided to contest the charge and lost.

now she is stuck with a 220000 dollar fine and a big legal bill.

will the "community" of "filesharers" support this "poor victim" of "record company fashism"? i doubt it. they are too cheap to even pay for their music.

To sum up my opinion, I could only hope that in the future, music is reduced to nothing more than live concerts, they wanna get 100's of dollars per ticket? Fine, I still won't go.  ridiculous the money that people will pay, and the lengths they will goto to, steal, and obtain nothing more than sounds. 

Hi mudmanc 4, LOL on the taping , I didn't think you was that old ?

in the UK the BBC always cut the record short with a DJ comment

like "hows about that guys and gals is that not a climber " :evil2:

are you saying the music industry is dieing as a whole ? ,

coz without the money , why form a group and record ?, and that is a big gamble at the best of times ,

yeah ,I have a special interest in the music industry , as my grandson is in a group the "Eastcotes " nothing released yet (lol ) direction undecided , but it wont be cheap rap , and yes we will use the free to download internet for starters , but once they reach R..Stones status (lol) you havent had the privalige to hear then yet  :evil2:, Hint, the family cat has left home  :shock:) the customer will have to pay, IMHO nothing is for free in the world today ,

the big question is "is artistic tallent worh a few $ or not ?"

To sum up my opinion, I could only hope that in the future, music is reduced to nothing more than live concerts, they wanna get 100's of dollars per ticket? Fine, I still won't go. ridiculous the money that people will pay, and the lengths they will goto to, steal, and obtain nothing more than sounds. 

BTW , Mudmanc4 , I paid $220  USD to see Brian Wilson in the UK ,

for 2 tickets + another $150 USD to get to the concert , and no regrets from me for the cost , but was that guy F**k up  :cry2:, more scary than Ozzie Osbourne , (yeah ,you can keep him  :evil6:)

roco, the question isn't even if talent is worth money. look at some of the stuff that is raking in the big bucks. the question is, will someone be willing to pay for it. and apparently there are still enough honest folks out there that don;t mind paying what the labels want to let them hold their prices. i for one don't want to pay. i have a few cds left (but admittedly don't listen to them anymore) and use free music sites like pandora for my fix of music.

roco, the question isn't even if talent is worth money. look at some of the stuff that is raking in the big bucks. the question is, will someone be willing to pay for it. and apparently there are still enough honest folks out there that don;t mind paying what the labels want to let them hold their prices. i for one don't want to pay. i have a few cds left (but admittedly don't listen to them anymore) and use free music sites like pandora for my fix of music.

Ok Reso I can see where you are coming from on that, but at the end of the day will we see good music,for free , for me Black Sabbath , Deep Purple then on to Craftwerk, Trio, Cambert Electronic , (   http://www.planetgong.co.uk/ )  and without the use of magic mushrooms   : :2funny: 

Reso ...if somebody is willing to pay so be it, I hope I am wise enough to be able  separate the chaff from the wheat ,  :evil6: but music for free , well,.I guess you will finally end up with what you pay for ,NOTHING , just my view

this from a guy that had lunch with John  Lennon at his home , and was pals with the Kinks,Petula Clark, Dusty Spring board  Joe Brown ,etc, LOL am I biased  (yeah )

for me the modern  music wold is just floss , but even floss costs $$$$$$

just my veiw , feel free to disagre ETC  ,

i agree that if everyone wants music for free it will turn worse. pandora does some advertising on the webpage or you can subscribe to the service to be able to use standalone players. they have contracts with the labels that let you pick songs not directly but by genre/style. so you get the sound you want without always getting the band you want.

even at my young age i find the state of modern music deplorable, maybe because i spent most of elementary school listening to a classic rock station on the radio. that doesn't let me appreciate the modern pop stuff very well.

one can only hope that the verdict opens some eyes, makes some parents take more of an interest in what their kids do online (money can be such a good motivator...) and maybe gives society back a bit of the moral fiber that it has lost. if noone frowns on theft like filesharing it is no wonder other crimes are commited without a second thought.

IMO, the verdict will accomplish nothing. As does any other type of law enforcement. Take for instance the " war on drugs " . What a joke! All that is about in todays world is billions to the state and Fed.  from the local fines , all the way to the state pen., getting 200,00 dollars plus a year to support an inmate. jeeze, I wish that kind of money was spent on my health and welfare each year, Id'e be fat and sassy just like the cons.  :haha:

People could care less if there neighbor , or even there family gets busted w/ a joint or worse, they just get a bit paranoid for a moment, and continue to do as they please. Just as this supposed verdict will do, nothing. You can bet your ass, the public payed for thousands involving this case somewhere down the line, it's all about money, nothing else. Not proprietary rights, morals, theft , nothing but the almighty weak ass dollar bill, that stands for 0.0000143 % of one ounce of gold, therefore , this whole thing we are discussing is about NOTHING!