Partitioning ubuntu mac ppc

mudmanc4

Anyone here familiar w/ partitioning a mac w/ ubuntu?

Had corrupted osx, so I erased the drive w/ ubuntu ppc.  The issue I'm having is I cannot seem to find the option to create an hfs  apple-bootstrap partition for the  yaboot boot-loader.  So far I have four primary partitions, [ext3] ,  one is the swap,(Linux swap), one is /Boot,  one is /usr , and also /home.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  As the system needs a hfs /boot in front of the rest, wich I have , but does not specify  "boot-strap" .  Can I do this after configuration, w/o being able to boot to the 1st partition?

Thanks for any info  : )

edit : dubbed " new world"

srry bump, but I am awaiting installation , and I think I can do this in " parted"  once I get final installation, just by mounting the cd only , therefore accessing the partitions on /root , and changing /boot  flag on hfs. we shall see , then ya'll can ask me lol

I would normally know but powerpc its out for me. I stayed away from powerpc macs. But if you can get a 10.5 or higher OS X disk you could do it using the built in partitioner.

Or a copy of open suse will do it also i believe. 

I don't have OSX, but I may get it soon, and I do have open suse, but won't boot on a ppc machine. There is a partitioner on the ubuntu ppc version, but it doesn't give me the option to create the apple-bootstrap partition.  I would " bless" the  "/" partition , but It turns it into  " hda/Media " while setting up the four primaries.  I know there's a way to do this using open firmware,  just getting there is my issue.