Did I Fry My Motherboard & A Few Other Component Questions ...

DeadSurvivor

Guest ExtremeFusion

http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB64ECSKV2

http://www.barebonekit.net/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB64ECSKV2LITE

Can I get some opinions on both these motherboards?  I'm not sure what type of reputation ECS has in regards to motherboards?  Also, I couldn't find out what the difference was between the LITE and the other motherboard.  Is there a difference?

Right now, I'm looking for something that I'll likely pair with a 3500+, 4000+, or a lower end AMDx2 processor.  I'll probably buy a decent gaming in a year or two.  Right now, I'm looking for something that'll get me through the next year or two but isn't a total piece of crap machine.  My main reason for going with an AGP board is to use my graphics card.

lol, Can you still find a mobo that support AGP?!

My suggestion sell your system while you still can, then save the money from it..

then find a way to increase your savings so you can buy a new PC...

If you would keep your system for more than a year or two it would loose its value or depreciate in other words...

that would be very difficult for you to sell...

Plus, investing on old gadgets, is a no no...

It would be also difficult to adjust to the current config(DDR2, Core2Duo, SATA, PCI-e, SLI technology(for Nvidia PCI-e cards user...) if all your hardware are obsolete...

Hope you got my point...

isn't it just part of the fun to break it and get the zizz of fixing it...that's what i'm told...my box dates  back to 2001...no...it has very few of the original parts (if any) but as stuff died or became outdated it was replaced including mobo processor power supply ram fans case hd's cd-rom...somethines in multiple combinations...

i love my box...so if anything dies i'll replace that and anything else that i have toto go with the new part...er i should say my son will...it's just fun :)

Guest ExtremeFusion

isn't it just part of the fun to break it and get the zizz of fixing it...that's what i'm told...my box dates  back to 2001...no...it has very few of the original parts (if any) but as stuff died or became outdated it was replaced including mobo processor power supply ram fans case hd's cd-rom...somethines in multiple combinations...

i love my box...so if anything dies i'll replace that and anything else that i have toto go with the new part...er i should say my son will...it's just fun :)

that is if you're not tight on your budget...  :tongue8:

edit to fix quote  :haha:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Actually I have seen ECS and while it is ok as a cheap motherboard, but as the saying goes sometimes you do get what you pay for.

i had an ecs board before

ECS P4VXASD2+  (PCB V 5.00)

it is physically ok, devmgmt.msc did not report anything wrong with my devices installed on it...

and msinfo32.exe did not finf any conflicts whatsoever..

Funny thing is, when i plug a flashdisk onto its onboard usb port and then read or transfer files from the flash disk

My computer automatically shutdown or it silently eject my flashdisk while it is reading/writting it...

This would cause the system to display an error "windows delayed write failed" what a bummer..

I did not find any report about conflicting hardware or driver in my pc, its just the board that has a problem..

When i replaced the board with an ASROCK mobo, problem solved!!!