And you do this for a living ??

ninjageek

Girlfriends mom had probs with her del computer. Could not get it hooked to the net. She decides to call dell and have them send a tec to fix it. To get it hooked to the net he does a system restore instead of installing the driver for it thats on the dell web site. After this dumb move then he tells her it was her avg free that removed the important driver, Install nortons and charged her 50 bucks.

After I found this out I was really really mad. I call this clown, while not able to talk to him I did talk to his boss. His boss was mad and could not believe how clueless this dude was. He agreed that this was the strangest thing he ever herd. Agreed nortons was a joke and avg did not remove the driver. Had no clue why a system restore was done cause he should have the drivers he needed on a disk.

So props to dell, they refunded the money, this guy called and personally apoligized, Told her any more issues with her computer he would personally come fix it and promised no charge would made. WIth all the bad stories I see and hear about dell and tech support, Nice to see something turn out right. He told me with a few classes he would love to talk to me about a job. Sorry. I hate dell and no desire to fix them. Did not tell him that, but its sure what I thought.