keyboard problems

Ryan314

Okay so recently my HP keyboard started acting screwy. Whenever I Z,X,C,V,B,N, or M

any thing thats up closes. The keyboard is a PS/2 not usb. Right now im typing on a different PS/2 keyboard and it works fine. Any suggestions or is the keyboard shot? =/

yea i think im gonna just buy a new keyboard when I get my next paycheck because im not comfortable on this one. The one in question is my original keyboard of like 2+ years and that makes me sad haha. Well I guess its time to move on a to a new one.  :undecided:

yea i think im gonna just buy a new keyboard when I get my next paycheck because im not comfortable on this one. The one in question is my original keyboard of like 2+ years and that makes me sad haha. Well I guess its time to move on a to a new one.  :undecided:

my old dell died not too long ago after about 4 years of use...i ended up getting the Saitek Eclipse board and i love it.

you can't spare 40 bucks? Are you looking for that $9.99 special?

will $4.99 work for ya lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126002

Yep. same one I got within the last week. Except I'm still trying to figure out why they sent a boomerang with it.  :wink2:  ( I know some sort of hand rest or guard. But if I needed a boomerang, it might well do. )  :evil6: Trying to figure out the double labeling of some of the top keys too. Oh yeah read the  instructions. Oooops.  :oops: Well maybe the CD will have it.

Edit. plus $6.?? for shipping. Weird, huh?  :wink2:

you can't spare 40 bucks? Are you looking for that $9.99 special?

will $4.99 work for ya lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126002

hey, don't knock it. those saturday night specials work just as well as the more expensive ones. (they might not have that perfect keystroke/pressure point/feel you're looking for, but hey, 5 bucks.)

the added advantage is that if you spill your drink in a 5 buck keyboard, who cares. buy a spare, that makes your keyboard spillproof for only 5 bucks.

(this post written on a 3.5 year old MS intellitype 25 dollar noard.)

Guest ExtremeFusion

My wife does transcription work using that $4.99 keyboard. She liked it so much we bought 3 so she would have spares. You can go to Walmart and buy that exact keyboard in black and it will cost you $24.99. White works for me! :wink:

Hmmm... wonder why it has to be three spare keyboard?!

How often does your keyboard broke?! (hehehe) just kidding!  :smitten:

I think $24.99 for a keyboard is too expensive?!

I can buy here at our place a COMBO (Wireless Keyboard and Mouse) for only $16.3

What do you think?!

:cheesy:

She wears the letters off some of the keys. It don't matter to her because she never looks at them. Now me I'm a hunt and pick kind of typer so I need the new keyboards. Hell there still good but I can't use them. She wears the letters off in a year or so.

She wears the letters off some of the keys. It don't matter to her because she never looks at them. Now me I'm a hunt and pick kind of typer so I need the new keyboards. Hell there still good but I can't use them. She wears the letters off in a year or so.

:lol: Sounds like you need your own keyboard. Then she could see if she can actually wear a hole it it.  :wink2:

then how about instead of swapping keyboards you simply buy cheapy keyboards of the same brand when the keys are too worn down to read and replace the keys in question? or grab a sharpie and redo the keys?

edit:

regularly coating the keys with clear nailpolish or clearcoat will also help prevent wear. just replace the clearcoat when it wears thin.