funny fan noises or something in PS

Guest PeePs

is it a sign my fan in my power supply is ganna die if its making funny noises and annoying the crap outa me? The back fan on it is already dead and the front 1 is making funny noises i think. I took the side panel off and tapped firmly on the side of the PS and it stopped for like a second and then just kept on going. It's starting to drive me insane cause its not the normal constant buzzing from fans, but an on and off type of noise. Good thing my PS is still under warranty should it die.

i think they just put ****** fans in power supply, i could care less how loud a computer is if its a constant noise, but its like one that gets louder and quieter ever second and its driving me crazy...... crazy enough to start punching it

i think they just put shitty fans in power supply, i could care less how loud a computer is if its a constant noise, but its like one that gets louder and quieter ever second and its driving me crazy...... crazy enough to start punching it

Well if your gonna do that...for goodness sakes take pics.  :twisted:

And of course post them. :smiley:

this is not safe advice. do this at your own risk. this is from the school of the BOFH.

don't consider this sound advice.

but if the power supply is still under warranty, you have some options. the first would be to disconnect it from all the devices in the comp (wouldn't want to harm anything else now, would we?) including the board and case. everything. take the 2 wires that go to the switch of the power supply these control the on off for an atx ps. short them to power on. turn it on and off until it blows. fast. repeatedly. if that doesn't work, get yourself some fine metal filings and turn the ps on, then sprinkle them into the back of the power supply. it should fail rather quickly.

now hook everything back up, close the case and make the warranty claim.

this is not safe advice. do this at your own risk. this is from the school of the BOFH.

don't consider this sound advice.

but if the power supply is still under warranty, you have some options. the first would be to disconnect it from all the devices in the comp (wouldn't want to harm anything else now, would we?) including the board and case. everything. take the 2 wires that go to the switch of the power supply these control the on off for an atx ps. short them to power on. turn it on and off until it blows. fast. repeatedly. if that doesn't work, get yourself some fine metal filings and turn the ps on, then sprinkle them into the back of the power supply. it should fail rather quickly.

now hook everything back up, close the case and make the warranty claim.

Has anyone told you lately that you are past crafty?  :twisted: