internet connection help

magma_saber

For some reason i can't play any online games with my current internet connection. I can use the internet but when i try to play any online games it says that the i don't have a internet connection. I even tried playing online while i was downloading something and it still doesn't work. There is no problem with the games itself. I'm using the internet at the hospital now and can they somehow restrict me from playing online and still be able to use the internet.

Online games like Battlefield 2? or online games like miniclip.com?  I turned off one service using msconfig and all online games worked but not a single website. (The reverse of your question)  A firewall or router would prevent you from hosting a game... but not being able to connect to "battlenet" for example sounds like a firewall could of denied you access.  If the firewall's default answer to "can this program use the internet?", is "no", then its possable that no exception for that game has ever been added to the firewall. (how many nurses pay online games on their coffee break?)  I'm not entirely sure.

Guest ExtremeFusion

i'm a patient at the hospital and i'm using my laptop. i can't seem to play online games in the hospital. Also i can't even connect to xfire.

from the way I see it, your hospital which you are working is using a firewall or other programs that blocks you from playing games..

Though that is very obvious...

Suggestion:

Hack your Hospital System.. hehehe