ULTIMATE PC SETUP ?!

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

[move]ULTIMATE GAMING SETUP?![/move]

Hey, Guys What do you think of this Set-up...?

ANy comments, suggestion or tips?!

Will this be an ultimate gaming station?  :evil6:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.40Ghz) 1066Mhz FSB 8MB L2 Cache processor P 14,400.00 or US$ 320

MSI P6N SLI-FI nForce 650i/1333Mhz/DDR2 800/2xPCI-Ex16/1G Lan/Snd motherboard P 7,380.00 or US$ 164

Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200RPM SATA HARD DRIVE P 2,240.00 or US$ 49.78

Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200RPM SATA HARD DRIVE P 2,960.00 or US$ 65.78

Inno3D iChill 8500GT 512mb DDR2 XStriker 3 P 4,680.00 or US$104 X 2pcs. (For SLI set up, US$ 208)

Kingston 1GB PC800 ddr2 Memory P 2,760.00 or US$ 61.33 X 4pcs. (4 GB = US$ 245.33)

LG GSA-H62L 18X Lightscribe Black Sata DVD Recorder P 1,980.00 or US$ 44

Creative SB Live! 24-bit 7.1 internal P 1,300.00 or US$ 28.89

Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 P 9,000.00 or US$ 200

This system would cost a

Whaping US$ 1325.78 or P 59,660.1

1 US$ = P 45

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i would change a few things. like the RAM does that say 1gb x4 peices? why do you need 4gigs of ram?

and the graphics card....why not jump up to an 8600 or an 8800 card. they are much better.

but yeah thats a cool system. it should run games pretty well.

but if i was you i'd wait for more oppinions

Guest ExtremeFusion

well i would change a few things. like the RAM does that say 1GB x4 peices? why do you need 4gigs of ram?

and the graphics card....why not jump up to an 8600 or an 8800 card. they are much better.

but yeah thats a cool system. it should run games pretty well.

but if i was you i'd wait for more oppinions

It doesn't says 1 GB x 4 pcs.. I only indicated the "x 4 pcs" so i could emphasize 4 GB price cost...

4 GB of ram, since many games demand  a gig or 2 gig of ram for it to run well, remaining 2 gig is for other task, rather multitasking purposes... hehehe

Cool, then i should check the 8600 or 8800 card...

Guest ExtremeFusion

thats alot of money for not very much.

$61.33 for 1GB of ram is alot.

and the 8500GT isnt that great.

how much is the usual price for a 1 GB pc 800 ddr2 ram?

and what's wrong with 8500 GT?!

how much is the usual price for a 1 GB pc 800 ddr2 ram?

and what's wrong with 8500 GT?!

well you can actually get a 1gb stick of ram for as low as 30 bucks  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161028

but since i like ADATA ram here is some for around 40  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211063

and the 8500 card, well compared to the 8600 even.  the core clock is lower , the memory clock is lower, less stream processors, etc.  here is a chart showing the specs of all the Nvidia 8 series cards,  http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

a higher end 7 series for not much more is faster.

i have an EVGA geforce 7950GT 512mb and can max out call of duty 4 with 4x AA.....i have a buddy with almost the same setup as me but has an 8500 card that can run on medium high settings...

here are the clock speeds of my 7950    Performance

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

560 MHz GPU

24 Pixel Pipelines

400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory

512 MB, 256 bit DDR3

1450 MHz (effective)

46.4 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Interface

PCI-E 16X

DVI-I, DVI-I, HDTV-7

SLI Capable

Resolution & Refresh

240 Hz Max Refresh Rate

2048x1536 x 32bit x85Hz Max Analog

2560x1600 Max Digital

Requirements

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amp Amps.)

Minimum 500 Watt for SLI mode system.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)

An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

Guest ExtremeFusion

well you can actually get a 1GB stick of ram for as low as 30 bucks http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161028

but since i like ADATA ram here is some for around 40  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211063

and the 8500 card, well compared to the 8600 even. the core clock is lower , the memory clock is lower, less stream processors, etc. here is a chart showing the specs of all the Nvidia 8 series cards, http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

well, that is if they don't charge delivery fees..

and not to mention i'm here in the philippines, lol....

Faster... What year is this?  :haha: :haha:

Intel Processors are far faster, and a much better processor then AMD's

i knew this was gonna get started...so hey, i'll say this...

any pc i build is AMD ....they are cheaper and run better IMO. i went from about buying a core 2 duo to buying an AMD athlon 64x2 5600+ and could not change my purchase for anything. IMO AMD is the way to go.

Phooooooeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AMD . AMD. AMD      :-P :-P :-P

Phooooooeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AMD . AMD. AMD      :-P :-P :-P

A MEN BROTHER  :wink2:  :evil6:

well, that is if they don't charge delivery fees..

and not to mention i'm here in the philippines, lol....

i was just saying, there is cheaper stuff around. i didnt mean that the good deals were only on newegg..that is just my favorite place to get pc stuff.

What are you smoking? its gotta be good if it can make AMD look good right now.... lol

I'd still rather have an AMD than an intel any day...

edit- OK though. we can start a new thread for this crap....IMO this thread has been derailed..i think we should get back to helping out with getting a better deal for this guy's computer..i mean thats what this thread is supposed to be.

Guest ExtremeFusion

:haha:

Why not use a AMD processor ? they are Faster and Cheaper. Like the Athlon 64 X2. I think this is what all the gaming computer use ? Right ??

Faster... What year is this?  :haha: :haha:

Intel Processors are far faster, and a much better processor then AMD's

[/qu

ote]

I agree to dlewis23, i have seen benchmarks for amd and intel processor... though there are times in a particular test that amd hits higher than intel... but sum total of all.. intel is the best...

Why? Give me a honest answer.

A core 2 duo crushes a AMD in every benchmark.

Doesnt matter. im not into OCing or checking out benchmarks or any of that crap...i just want a cheap problem free (for me no problems ever with an amd) way to do my multitasking/gaming at a descent speed.....and AMD has never let me down. i'd rather pay 150 bucks for my 5600+ dual core 2.8ghz than pay 280 for a 3ghz core 2 duo.  ..but I will admit to you...yeah intel is faster and more popular....but who cares..i still want AMD.

ok so now im not going to argue any more. i think we've digressed from this thread way too much. lets get back to this guys computer.  :wink:

Doesnt matter. im not into OCing or checking out benchmarks or any of that crap...i just want a cheap problem free (for me no problems ever with an amd) way to do my multitasking/gaming at a descent speed.....and AMD has never let me down. i'd rather pay 150 bucks for my 5600+ dual core 2.8ghz than pay 280 for a 3ghz core 2 duo.  ..but I will admit to you...yeah intel is faster and more popular....but who cares..i still want AMD.

ok so now im not going to argue any more. i think we've digressed from this thread way too much. lets get back to this guys computer.  :wink:

For me its been the other way, always problems with AMD systems.

But anyway, Don't get a 8500. You could get a 7950 for a little more and it will be much faster

Real life stuff here people, no one here is gonna convince me, that an old, at that AMD, and a Linux OS won 't beat the hell out of anything out there. All those benchmarks do , is function a the lobbiest for the corporations.    :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  I'm sure there showin things that none of us will ever need to know , nor use  so Phhooooeee!  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Real life stuff here people, no one here is gonna convince me, that an old, at that AMD, and a Linux OS won 't beat the **** out of anything out there. All those benchmarks do , is function a the lobbiest for the corporations.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: I'm sure there showin things that none of us will ever need to know , nor use  so Phhooooeee! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

maybe.. that's a thought...  :!: