ULTIMATE PC SETUP ?!

Guest ExtremeFusion

For me its been the other way, always problems with AMD systems.

But anyway, Don't get a 8500. You could get a 7950 for a little more and it will be much faster

weird i've always had problems with intel setups.

anyways yeah if you dont want/need direct x 10, then get a 7950. for a dx9 card it still handles like a pro.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

One test says Intel is faster/Another test says Amd is faster. All I know is. I've never, never had my AMD  overheat. But I had an Intel based comp. it was always crashing. I'll stick with AMD

well stories always have different sides..

though i haven't tried AMD but I have considered buying it...

But to have an AMD processor I have to change mobo another additional cost...  :buck2:

weird i've always had problems with intel setups.

anyways yeah if you dont want/need direct x 10, then get a 7950. for a dx9 card it still handles like a pro.

Even if he wanted DX10 your not running any games in DX10 mode on a 8500

My problems started with AMD's thunderbird (what a POS) and stoped with the 64 first came out, but came back with the X2

Guest ExtremeFusion

Do you plan on running vista?

well i'm not sure, these the things i consider...

1. Compatibility issues with vista and my existing programs..

2. It eats up huge system specs for it to run...

3. Vista Software is far and way too expensive

4. Security issues, does Vista have been a stable, bug free OS?! I mean there will always be a vulnerability for every OS

and i think microsoft is on the product improvement for VISTA....

Guest ExtremeFusion

if he sticks with what he has its wasting a bit of money on a slow graphics card...we are trying to help. we just got a little distracted...  :roll:

hehe right, but it's kinda fun to have a hear on others opinion regarding the processor thingy madjigy...  :haha:

A good rule of thumb that most people don't know or get, is if you buy a $300 processor buy a $300 video card.

If you buy a $300 processor and a $100 video card then most of your processor went to waste because its waiting for your slow video card. same for if you get a $100 processor and a $300 video card.

You have to match everything somewhat atleast

In that system the video card is going to choke down everything else when he games on it.

well i'm not sure, these the things i consider...

1. Compatibility issues with vista and my existing programs..

2. It eats up huge system specs for it to run...

3. Vista Software is far and way too expensive

4. Security issues, does Vista have been a stable, bug free OS?! I mean there will always be a vulnerability for every OS

and i think microsoft is on the product improvement for VISTA....

1. thats just about all fixed, almost all programs work just fine on vista.

2. this is good because the more ram the faster it runs.

3. buy a OEM version

4. vista is far more secure then XP, too early to tell but so far is much better in that determent

Microsoft is not in the mood to improve vista anytime soon, they just want to sell some copies of it right now.

Microsoft is not in the mood to improve vista anytime soon, they just want to sell some copies of it right now.

but i think the other reason they dont want to make as many updates at the moment is because of the "new" OS they will release in 2009 or 2010...which i think is just going to be like 98 was to 95...just some enhancements or improvements...nothing to big or anything...but i could be wrong....

but i think the other reason they dont want to make as many updates at the moment is because of the "new" OS they will release in 2009 or 2010...which i think is just going to be like 98 was to 95...just some enhancements or improvements...nothing to big or anything...but i could be wrong....

The next one is going to be bigger then vista because it will have all the good shit that was taken out of vista. aka WinFS, full 64bit, and some others

Guest ExtremeFusion

The next one is going to be bigger then vista because it will have all the good S#!t that was taken out of vista. aka WinFS, full 64bit, and some others

is it even better than VISTA ULTIMATE LIMITED EDITION, try searching wikipedia...

Guest ExtremeFusion

:2funny: thats hilarious. i do agree with you though...macs are way better and vista is a theif...

i have read articles, regarding vista aero being a copy cat of a MAC feature.. true?!

i have read articles, regarding vista aero being a copy cat of a MAC feature.. true?!

Areo it self is not, The idea of having everything transparent is. just about everything on OS X is transparent

Again, back to the setup.. do i need liquid cooling or fan will the job?!

No, a intel core 2 processor runs really cool, a fan is all you really need.

Areo it self is not, The idea of having everything transparent is. just about everything on OS X is transparent

No, a intel core 2 processor runs really cool, a fan is all you really need.

yeah, it works way better on OS X also...just doesnt seem like transparency is something microsoft should stick with...