ULTIMATE PC SETUP ?!

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

fans will do the job...by the way did you say waht case you were getting? tahts important also. make sure the fans have good airflow.

dunno...

tell me...

All i know is ATX form factor do i need to know more?!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno...

tell me...

All i know is ATX form factor do i need to know more?!

do you want a mid tower or a full tower? im guessing with the 8 series graphics cards and stuff you want a little extra space to work in?

anyways, my case has plenty of room for me and its a mid tower. my case is a Sunbeam Zorro.  http://www.sunbeamtech.com/index-2.html

sure that case looks horrible...but it moves tons of air...my case is very cool temperature wise.

Because thats for vista home basic. Its kinda runs on 512mb.  :haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Guest ExtremeFusion

do you want a mid tower or a full tower? im guessing with the 8 series graphics cards and stuff you want a little extra space to work in?

anyways, my case has plenty of room for me and its a mid tower. my case is a Sunbeam Zorro.  http://www.sunbeamtech.com/index-2.html

sure that case looks horrible...but it moves tons of air...my case is very cool temperature wise.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

the **** to aesthetics...

I care for functionality!!!!

Is a full tower a lot better than mid tower?!

If you want a quite PC, and plan on putting a binch of crap in it then yes. but they are big

yeah they are BIG BIG BIG...my mid tower weighs a ton but i've sacrificed looks and weight for functionality and i like it...my case has a 120mm fan for intake, a 120mm fan for exhaust in teh back, and a 120mm fan on the side right in front of the cpu....

yeah they are BIG BIG BIG...my mid tower weighs a ton but i've sacrificed looks and weight for functionality and i like it...my case has a 120mm fan for intake, a 120mm fan for exhaust in teh back, and a 120mm fan on the side right in front of the cpu....

Thats good having a 120mm fan in the front and back. You want just as much coming in as going out. Side fans are ok, but the mess with air flow. A top fan is real good because hot air rises.

The antec 900 is a real good case becuse the huge 200mm fan on the top pulls all of the hot air out.

awesome. yeah that looks like a good case to get. better than my case.

btw, my case is inverted. the psu is on the bottom and the cards are on top...its kinda weird....but having the power supply on the bottom is fine with me. except the exhaust fan is on the top of the thing rather than the back...

awesome. yeah that looks like a good case to get. better than my case.

btw, my case is inverted. the psu is on the bottom and the cards are on top...its kinda weird....but having the power supply on the bottom is fine with me. except the exhaust fan is on the top of the thing rather than the back...

Having i that way is better. That way the power supply doesnt steal air from the CPU, and it doesnt make the case top heavy

BTW, is liquid cooling a big joke?!

I want an energy efficient cooling system...

ok well my last post didnt submit i guess so i'll type again. 

liquid cooling is for overclockers and stuff. if you have good airflow in your case, then its fine iwth the fans.

and congrats on your sr. member promotion  :grin:

Guest ExtremeFusion

I have a ultra case that has a side exhaust for the CPU.This isnt my case i have posted. I think it makes a difference in the cpu temp.  My core 2 duo sits around 89 degrees

ULT33137_LR_9.jpg

I'm guessing it's 89 degrees Farenheit, If it is in Celsius.. i think you're in trouble...

BTW, is liquid cooling a big joke?!

I want an energy efficient cooling system...

Gotta throw my 2 cents in here if ok. Liquid cool imho not worth the hassle. I mean really you want liquid inside your computer?? As well what happens if the pump on your liquid cooler dies?? Your computer will be down til you get the pump fixed, and hope you catch the fact the liquid cooler quit working before your cpu heat goes through the roof. I mean really do you want to have to watch your temps all the time??

I found replacing my rear exaust with a 120 mm fan that moves 80 cfn (cubic feet a min) Made a huge diffrence. I am gonna replace the fan it the top of my case that is also used for exaust with the same 120 mm fan. I dont have a fan in the side of my case. It has a funny looking plastic tunnel. Tried to replace with a 80 fan and found it rased my temp a few C  :idiot2: .

My dual core runs at a cool 30 C With the max temp reacing 52 C. So unless your a overclocer (which I DON"T recomend) fan cooling is all you will ever need.

Gotta throw my 2 cents in here if ok. Liquid cool imho not worth the hassle. I mean really you want liquid inside your computer?? As well what happens if the pump on your liquid cooler dies?? Your computer will be down til you get the pump fixed, and hope you catch the fact the liquid cooler quit working before your cpu heat goes through the roof. I mean really do you want to have to watch your temps all the time??

Liquid cooling results in lower and more consistent temperatures and generally less noise. You complain about water, but pure water is a really bad conductor, and with aircooling your cpu fan could die, leaving your CPU to overheat just the same. So I take it you check that fan all the time too?

I found replacing my rear exaust with a 120 mm fan that moves 80 cfn (cubic feet a min) Made a huge diffrence. I am gonna replace the fan it the top of my case that is also used for exaust with the same 120 mm fan. I dont have a fan in the side of my case. It has a funny looking plastic tunnel. Tried to replace with a 80 fan and found it rased my temp a few C  :idiot2: .

CFM rating aren't always accurate, and a side fan will help in some cases, and hurt in others. It's not as simple as you say it is.

My dual core runs at a cool 30 C With the max temp reacing 52 C. So unless your a overclocer (which I DON"T recomend) fan cooling is all you will ever need.

I certainly do recommend OCing, if you for example game a lot. Core 2 Duos scale well, and by far most will do 3.2+ Ghz 100% 24/7 stable. If you buy the right aircooler, that is even possible with a quad. On the other hand, if a computer is only used for browsing/text editing, then you're right, as the performance increase goes mostly unnoticed. In that situation you'd be better off lowering the voltage supplied to the CPU, lowering the number of watts the whole computer uses.