Canopy Setup Tweak

Guest ExtremeFusion

Hmmm...

If i change my sustained DL and UL to 1000 would that increase my speed?!

And what is 1 Mbps aggregate that Canopy says...

you can never have a value of 1000 Kbps sustained downlink data rate, same with the uplink; the maximum of EACH is less than or equal to 500 Kbps only. so, the TOTAL would be less than (<) or equal to (=) 1000 Kbps, otherwise known as the 1 Mbps maximum aggregate rate.  :smiley:

however, there are those (me included) who have a 7 Mbps aggregate in the canopy but only get a 384 Kbps service from smartbro.  :buck2:

Guest ExtremeFusion

you can never have a value of 1000 Kbps sustained downlink data rate, same with the uplink; the maximum of EACH is less than or equal to 500 Kbps only. so the TOTAL would be less than (<) or equal to (=) 1000 Kbps, otherwise known as the 1 Mbps maximum aggregate rate.  :smiley:

bummer!

But other user have values way above 1 Mbps Aggregate?!

And is there anything that i could tweak in the canopy for it speed up my internet...?

2X Operation

A General tab option in both Advantage SMs and some Canopy SMs provides double the

aggregate throughput for SMs that are nearer than half of the distance range from the AP

(the nearest one-fourth of the SMs in the sector). The requirements of this feature are as

follows:

◦ The AP must be an Advantage AP.

◦ The SM must be near the AP, as described above.

◦ The SM must be of the P9 hardware series and enabled for hardware

scheduling.

◦ The 2X Rate parameter in the SM must be set to enabled. This is the default

setting.

◦ The amount of noise and multipath must be low enough to allow the receiver in

the 6-dB less sensitive (2X) state to maintain a high carrier-to-interference (C/I)

ratio.

The flexibility of this feature is as follows:

◦ At the time of registration, signaling is at the 1X rate. However, if the above

requirements are all met, then the SM switches to 2X.

◦ Thereafter, whenever RF conditions are unfavorable for 2X operation, the SM

switches to 1X. When favorable RF conditions allow, the SM switches back to

2X, if user data is present at that time.

◦ Similarly, whenever no user data is present, the SM switches to 1X. When user

data flow resumes, the SM switches back to 2X, if RF conditions allow.

◦ Both links for the SM (uplink and downlink) are independent for this feature.

(One can be operating at 2X operation while the other is operating at 1X.)

◦ Other SMs in the sector can be communicating with the AP at the other

modulation rate.

◦ Although subscribers with Canopy SMs realize higher bursts, and subscribers

with Advantage SMs realize both higher burst and higher sustained throughput,

the network operator realizes higher sector throughput capacity in the AP.

Engineering for 2X Operation

The following priorities should guide your implementation of 2X operation:

◦ In the near half of the distance range of the AP

− identify the customers who use the most bandwidth.

− enable their SMs first for 2X operation.

◦ When you have deployable Canopy P7 and P8 SMs, do not deploy Canopy

Advantage SMs or Canopy P9 SMs beyond half the distance range of the AP.

At this distance, steady and reliable 2X operation typically is not achievable.

Deploy the Canopy P7 and P8 SMs here.

◦ Wherever practical, implement 25 MHz of channel separation for 2X operation.

Checking Link Efficiencies in 2X Operation

Unlike in 1X operation, efficiencies below 90% on the Link Capacity Test tab in the Tools

web page of the SM do not necessarily indicate a poor quality link. Efficiency of 45% in

2X operation is equivalent to efficiency of 90% in 1X. If you read efficiency between 45%

and 90%, check the status of 2X operation (as described below) to confirm that the link is

operating at 2X.

Since received signal strength typically varies over time, you should perform link tests at

various times of day and on various days of the week. Efficiencies should consistently be

45% or greater for 2X operation. Where readings are lower, you are unlikely to solve the

RF problem by enabling 1X operation. (For example, if you read 40% at 2X, you can expect 80% at 1X.) In these cases, you may be able to achieve better efficiencies by reaiming

the SM, mounting it elsewhere, or retrofitting it with a reflector dish.

@coolbuster: thanks for the info, nice find there! i'm glad i had the qualifications to maintain and enable 2x configuration on my canopy! however i had found [not practically me, but from tech's of smartbro] that we could gain a smart bro connection with equal speed and even higher! a smartbro tech contacted me upon field inspection of my canopy he said if i would like a beautiful package which has no MONTHLY BILLS [yep correct a free SMARTBRO CONNECTION for your home] it seems other tech's has some underground deals, for an amount of 6,000 pesos [150 usd] i can have a smartbro connection same as the plan 999 that we have except the tech's package is only 1 time payment and no monthly bill! thats a way to get even with smart ha ha! i'm still negotiating and asking for details about it but what the tech's saying is true my friend availed the tech's so called "beautiful package" and its been 1 month since it was installed!

somehow this is sensitive. hope you can just pm me the details soon.

yes it's very sensitive, those techs only handpick subscribers that only knew what smart is doing on the market side and subs that has knowledge in stuff such as tweaking! gonna visit my friend and see if he has 2 canopy's installed "AFAIK " he hasn't canceled his original connection with smart though!

Guest ExtremeFusion

@coolbuster: thanks for the info, nice find there! i'm glad i had the qualifications to maintain and enable 2x configuration on my canopy! however i had found [not practically me, but from tech's of smartbro] that we could gain a smart bro connection with equal speed and even higher! a smartbro tech contacted me upon field inspection of my canopy he said if i would like a beautiful package which has no MONTHLY BILLS [yep correct a free SMARTBRO CONNECTION for your home] it seems other tech's has some underground deals, for an amount of 6,000 pesos [150 usd] i can have a smartbro connection same as the plan 999 that we have except the tech's package is only 1 time payment and no monthly bill! thats a way to get even with smart ha ha! i'm still negotiating and asking for details about it but what the tech's saying is true my friend availed the tech's so called "beautiful package" and its been 1 month since it was installed!

i want to avail this too..

any details.. pm me..

hehehehe  :evil6:

what do you mean 2x? in the mac configuration or the 2 canopy that can speed up your connection up to 1Mbps like mangtom said using his double wan strategy: http://www.testmy.net/t-18839.0

Sustained data rate = 1000 kbps or 1 Mbps  = throughput, right?

and sustained date rate = (download rate + upload rate).

If that's the case then you can get download speed of 1000 kbps and 0 kbps for upload speed so that the total sustained date rate is exactly 1000 kbps. right? Is that possible?

Guest ExtremeFusion

Ah okay, that would be impractical i guess cause u need to spend alot around Pph 12,000 for the new canopy, and i guess that would be illegal. :lipsrsealed:

right!

just wait for a decent isp.. its the only solution...