Windows Server 2003 Network Map

SoulReaper

Howdi guys!

So, ive installed a Windows Server 2003 on one of my house computers to have a centrlized way of loggin in to all my computers. I have a couple of questions though, I hope someone can answe them.

1) How do I edit users permisions and computer enviroments (for example, changin the theme from windows xp to classic, setting a background etc, managing what type of apps they can install)?

2) How do I assign a network drive to all the users, I mean like when they log on to any computer a network drive with their files will appear, and if someone else logs in they have theirs (insted of the last user)

I bet this is a lot to cover, but I just need to be pointed in the right direction, maybe a tutorial or something.

oh an before I forget, when I make a basic account and try to login to it via the domain, it takes a good 5 to 8 min for it to log in, when I know it can log in, in less than a min.

Thanks a million!

btw:

Running Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise

Thanks for the welcome Coknuck!

I managed to resolve the slow login problem, I just needed to change the dns of my computers to the ip of my server. But im still stuck with user policies and the network drive thing.

I hope someone can help me out, or point me to a tutorial with info on this ~_~

Been awhile since ive done anything along these lines in win 2k3 and don't have one to test right now but if i remember correctly for #1 right click on my computer and click manage, and then look around in local users and groups. I don't remember everything but i'm pretty sure that is where it is..

for #2 right click on my computer and click map network drive. setup the drive and have reconnect at logon checked. i am somewhat sure that if you do this under 1 user in win 2k3 it will only happen on that user account.

If anyone knows of any other ways to do that plz post, i stay away from windows server so i'm not completely sure if that will work.