My SmartBro Speed so far.

jep007

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that test was done around 1 am I think.  I don't know what else to do to enhance it more.  It seems to have reached its baseline speed ranging from 480 to 550kbps, though I was able to get 650kbps once.  I'm not too familiar with the color codes yet, I fear it might do more bad than good fiddling with the settings.

I find that Firefox gives a little more speed out of my connection compared to IE (use optimized or turbo charged setting). I initially used j79zlr's tips and tweaks to compute for cablenut settings and some from coolbuster's.  I find MTU of 1500 to be more stable or consistent with regard to speed testing randomly. I worked my way from tcp optimizer's default windows setting; tweaks from speedguide.net too - really a whole bunch of them like fruit salad

• 1 month later...

Hi All-

I just had my Bayantel DSL reinstalled last saturday because they just had an upgrade of 384kbps  to 768kbps and can bust up to 1.2mb on SOD. Unfortunately its been a week now and I'm unable to get the righ speed per the package I'd avail current speed that I'm getting is between 300kbps t0 400kbps, numerous calls had been placed to fix this issue but same answers (shared bandwidth), then I saw the tweak by coolbuster (thanks BTW!) and gave it a try. After a few minutes and a few restart (because my router is not accepting the MTU level that is prescribed, but was able to make the darn thing work  :grin:). I tested it on testmy speed test and totally shocked that I was able to reach the 1.2MB test, however, results shows that I'm still on the same speed as before 300 - 400 kbps. Tested on a different speed test website (www.speedtest.net and speakeasy) and I'm getting a different result(s), from the test I'm getting 1.2MB to 2MB.

My question is, which of the test that I'd took is correct or atleast reliable?

Thanks in advance

BR,

/sheldon

@ sheldonjohnc. welcome to testmy.net

altho it is intended for smartbro, i am pleased you were able to successfully do the 20 steps on a bayantel connection to meet their advertised speed.

as you posted, you tested with speedtest, server of which is sponsored by your ISP here in the Phil. by that alone, i can say that test results on that website will be shown, of course, to their advantage. not just being a member of but because i trust this site for accuracy, i can say that TMN is the most reliable.

on your 2nd post, i suggest you try to use an MTU of 1300 which is suited for wireless connections.

:smiley:

@ sheldonjohnc. welcome to testmy.net

altho it is intended for smartbro, i am pleased you were able to successfully do the 20 steps on a bayantel connection to meet their advertised speed.

as you posted, you tested with speedtest, server of which is sponsored by your ISP here in the Phil. by that alone, i can say that test results on that website will be shown, of course, to their advantage. not just being a member of but because i trust this site for accuracy, i can say that TMN is the most reliable.

on your 2nd post, i suggest you try to use an MTU of 1300 which is suited for wireless connections.

:smiley:

Thanks coolbuster! I'm just wondering why I'm getting to the 1.2 -1.4 MB test then TMN will say that I'm only at 500kbps, anyway I'll try the new MTU by tomorrow if my cousins will not use the wireless desktop  :azn:

• 1 month later...

thanks for trusting the 20 Steps  :smiley:

What are the 20 steps? Can anyone help? This the speed I have.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 389 Kbps about 0.39 Mbps (tested with 512 kB)

Download Speed is:: 47 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/05/13 - 7:44am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5123EV6L9

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Z09FC5QEU

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 [!]