Speed test variances

share2-L1N5DO8F0&dual=yes&q2=NFG4UJ018

194680271.png

Has anyone else experienced this? Since about the middle of September, speedtest.net has shown me results like this compared to TMN's tests. And IIRC, the TMN server is in Dallas and the other is in Houston where I live. I have Comcast's 6000/384 package, btw.

One of the biggest problems with speedtest.net is the test servers that they are provided are mostly from ISP's and are on that ISP's network and if your not on that your result will be slower.

Testmy.net has the advantage of being on a network that has 8 bandwidth providers so you are likely to find one that has a good connection with your ISP's network.

The reason that your result is so slow has nothing to do with speedtest.net, its because they switched to some crappy voip provider for the test server in dallas. It use to be a really good server, then swiched to FDN and was still good, but the VOIP one they are using now sucks.

I can't get faster then 2mbps

try a differnet server