Satellite Users..

daytrader

share2-21T8C7JB4&dual=yes&q2=IFDEGZ87N

Good now, but evening hours are much slower..like 100~200 download

and 80~100 upload and like a miracle from 11pm on it gets progressively faster and faster again..

Does internet traffic bog down satellite connections THAT MUCH during prime time internet hours of 5PM to 11PM EST?...is that NORMAL?..

when I first got this system it NEVER got below 400 download..now it does over the last few months..my system is squeaky clean..I have and use program from www.iolo.com...System Mechanic Total Care..every day for a comphrensive douch out..

I have Optimize 1.5 from PcPitstop but rarely use it because it seemingly doesn't help anything..

I use Hughes Satellite Internet (formerly DirectWav)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ddfridd007/HUGHES%20SATELITTE/newnikonL11044.jpg

oh..ok..hmmm...'commercial accounts'...hadn't thought about that...

I figured it was a bunch of school kids after school downloading songs and crap..and speaking of commercial accounts..here in TN, there is probably a lot of people are buying lottery tickets, (powerball, etc) when they get off from work on the way home...our lottery tickets are printed out from old DirectWav systems sitting atop rural, or all stores from what I've noticed...so yep..that's it..

I wonder if springing extra $10 a month for the 2 watt HN7000S would be worth it?..

(supposedly up to 1.5meg download)

have the 1 watt now..(1.0meg download)

luckily system works fairly good most of my 'work' day...from stock

market open at 9:30am until 4 pm...but then the bog down starts..

Ok..thanks..glad to hear your input..

btw, my system for some reason seems to work even better during some drizzle or light rain...it definately doesn't hurt it..

it takes a severe storm to knock it off air and then it's a short-lived summer-time pop-up storm with lots of lightning and such...

I'll just keep what I have until they get cable down my rural road..

and then I'll have a Hughes Net sytstem for sale..cheap.. :smile2:

Thanks again!