HughesNet Satellite Question???

rjventre

I am currently pointed to the satellite AMC9 (83 west) and on the Small Office plan. During the day I am usually running at my fatest speed which is about 1.15 Mbps and at night I drop to about 600-850 kbps. Does anyone know if there is a better satellite to be on with HughesNet? If you are getting speeds that are significantly better than this, please post which bird you are on and what your speeds are. If you are on AMC9 please post what kind of speeds you are getting and what plan you are on.

Thanks,

rjventre

You don't have a choice of which satellite you are on.  Hughes assigns that as part of their load balancing process in conjunction with where you are physically located.  So what you see is what you get.  And always remember.  the service agreement states "up to" the speed listed for your package.  And BTW, you will seldom see it.  As for the differance between day and evening.  In the evening when everyone gets home from school and work and gets on the internet, you speed will go in the trash can from about 3-5pm till midnight or so.

Well, as for which satellite you are on, you do have a say so in that matter. I have already changed satellites 3 times at no cost to me. All you have to do is call the Executive Customer Care Center and they will send someone out no problem. That is why I was wondering which satellite is best to be on.

• 5 weeks later...

You will have to contact hughes satelite. Here is there number. 1-866-825-4950. By the way that is a direcway modem now turned hughes since the buyout a while back.  :grin2:

And their site is:

http://www.hughes.com/HUGHES/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?pageid=HNS_home&Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity[OID[bF4284F636613D4EA413F6E880737987]]

Welcome to the forum the fox.  :grin2: